2023 Recruiting: UConn Offers TJ Power | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: UConn Offers TJ Power

Reaction Score

When discussing his strengths: "trying to be a big guard so I can stretch the floor...also show I can bully some little kids in the post."

He also likes to compare his game to Kevin Durant.

But grew up a Syracuse fan...after Andre Jackson, would love to nab another player from Cuse country!

Reaction Score
Cut and pasted this from my post about him in the 247 thread..

I'm befuddled by the TJ Power offer. I saw him play in person last year and he was highly unimpressive. Matchup of 2 of the best teams in central MA and he was just going through the motions. Motor was low, range was disappointing. Then again I know how little that high school ball matters compared to AAU when you're around scholarship talent but I saw what I saw.

I'd be shocked if he chose basketball over baseball anyway, and that being said, he didn't strike me as someone who'd be in anyone's top 100.

Reaction Score
See my post in that other thread also. Call me unimpressed after seeing him 3 times last season. But in fairness he was only a sophomore. I didn't know he transferred to Worcester Academy. Just curious why UConn would pass on Karaban and offer Power. Karaban is a way better prospect in my eyes. Karaban has a much more advanced game. Power played in the post and used his 6-7 height against smaller high school players. Didn't see much of a perimeter game. But as always, I'll trust the staff. They know a lot more than I do!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom