2023 Recruiting: - SF Matas Buzelis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: SF Matas Buzelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really? I think he’s more of a nadav henefield, doron Sheffer, jake voskuhl, Travis knight, josh brown, Ed Nelson, Tyler olander, Niels giffey, enosch Wolff, and Leon tolksdorf type guy.

You mean all of those guys in one!!!!

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I wonder how UNC is going to look in a few years

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Really? I think he’s more of a nadav henefield, doron Sheffer, jake voskuhl, Travis knight, josh brown, Ed Nelson, Tyler olander, Niels giffey, enosch Wolff, and Leon tolksdorf type guy.

I see what you did there.

Is it me or are we recruiting a lot more white kids than we used to? I don’t give a hoot what a player’s color, ethnicity, nationality, hometown, or favorite TV theme song is—as long as we win.

But it does seem this crew’s recruiting efforts target a more “diverse” group than the previous staff.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

Is it me or are we recruiting a lot more white kids than we used to? I don’t give a hoot what a player’s color, ethnicity, nationality, hometown, or favorite TV theme song is—as long as we win.

But it does seem this crew’s recruiting efforts target a more “diverse” group than the previous staff.
I obviously noticed this as well, but think it’s simply a function of who the top East Coast/New England recruits are in ‘22-‘23

Reaction Score

It does seem like we have been targeting more white guys lately. Probably just because there are a bunch of highly ranked / talented ones in the area. I don’t think it’s anything more than that. It’s not like we’re going to Eastern Europe for these kids lol.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not blind, I see the coffee getting a little lighter. But the reason I feel strongly that every kid, male or female, should play a youth, team sport is because it teaches you to rely on every one of your teammates to reach a common goal, regardless of background. I'm not on a soapbox here but even mentioning the trend sets us all back. I'm white and grew up in a working class part of Danbury and went to Mill Ridge Primary and Intermediate. Anyone familiar with the area knows those schools aren't in the best area of town.

I wouldn't trade my childhood education or lifelong, multi-cutlural friendships for anything. I like to think that DH isn't trying to bring "diversity" to the roster through race, he's doing so based on talent and a young man's ability to fit into the team. Jersey City is Danbury on steroids. It just so happens that my business is based in Jersey City these days and the Hurley's are royalty here despite St Anthony's closure.. If ever there was a family that is color blind...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro