2023 Recruiting: Mackenzie Mgbako | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Mackenzie Mgbako

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I am now extremely interested in how he ended up with the name "Mackenzie".

Reaction Score
Nice write up about Mgbako. I think option A for 2023 is Bowen, but this kid is a serious player.

Mackenzie Mgbako, 6-8 forward, N.J. Scholars

I loved everything about Mgbako — starting with his motor, which ran high on both ends and on every possession. That alone made him stand out in this setting. As for his game, Mgbako is a classic pick-and-pop power forward. He has a lovely long-range touch, but Lord help the poor soul who tries to get between him and the rim. He’s not just a good defender, he seems to genuinely enjoy it, especially when he gets switched on to a guard. He’s big, strong, skilled, quick and explosive.

Mgbako is a Nigerian American, and he’s a quality student who attends Gill St. Bernard’s School in New Jersey. He is ranked No. 6 in the Class of 2023 by 247Sports so it’s a little early to determine where he is headed, but judging by the crowds of coaches at his games, and the effusive praise they were giving him, he will have his pick of all the high majors. Whoever gets him will have a real gem.

Reaction Score
The Bryant University "throwing darts at a board" recruiting method. Doesn't seem productive but what do I know?
It sort of is. Bryant was pretty good last year. The old “aim high” philosophy.

Reaction Score
think option A for 2023 is Bowen
why not both? shouldnt be an either or situation with these two. love bowen but shouldnt put all of our eggs in his basket.

Reaction Score
why not both? shouldnt be an either or situation with these two. love bowen but shouldnt put all of our eggs in his basket.
I don't know its just tough to imagine a roster with Jackson, Johnson, Karaban (hopefully), Bowen, Mbango. Lot of bodies for the 3/4. Although Johnson may be more of a 5 - but if Sanogo sticks around and Clingan is able to contribute early who knows how much time is available at the 5.

Reaction Score
I don't know its just tough to imagine a roster with Jackson, Johnson, Karaban (hopefully), Bowen, Mbango. Lot of bodies for the 3/4. Although Johnson may be more of a 5 - but if Sanogo sticks around and Clingan is able to contribute early who knows how much time is available at the 5.
in 2023 we'll probably be losing cole, gaff, hawk, akok, and springs. sanogo and Aj would be returning seniors which was not part of the plan either....that's 5-7 open roster spots. can def make room for two 5*s, that's supposed to be our monster class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice write up about Mgbako. I think option A for 2023 is Bowen, but this kid is a serious player.

Mackenzie Mgbako, 6-8 forward, N.J. Scholars

I loved everything about Mgbako — starting with his motor, which ran high on both ends and on every possession. That alone made him stand out in this setting. As for his game, Mgbako is a classic pick-and-pop power forward. He has a lovely long-range touch, but Lord help the poor soul who tries to get between him and the rim. He’s not just a good defender, he seems to genuinely enjoy it, especially when he gets switched on to a guard. He’s big, strong, skilled, quick and explosive.

Mgbako is a Nigerian American, and he’s a quality student who attends Gill St. Bernard’s School in New Jersey. He is ranked No. 6 in the Class of 2023 by 247Sports so it’s a little early to determine where he is headed, but judging by the crowds of coaches at his games, and the effusive praise they were giving him, he will have his pick of all the high majors. Whoever gets him will have a real gem.
I think Bowen is more likely going to be the bigger priority for us, but Mgbako is ahead of him developmentally right now. He’s a clear #2 to Wagner in the class now. He’s 6th but he’s been better than everyone ranked above him

Reaction Score
It seems like there is mutual interest between us and Bowen, is this kid showing that level of interest in us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom