2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's been some talk about Kingswood-Oxford's Griffiths in other threads, but thought it would be worth updating as Griffiths was ranked 71 on one of the rating agencies and he's reportedly playing well in the summer EYBL circuit so far (he's playing at Peach Jam going on now). He was supposed to have an unofficial at Uconn the day before Clingan committed, but it was cancelled. He's currently got offers from Rutgers, Iowa, Maryland and Syracuse so far, and that is likely to grow. Hurley has seen him a couple times.

https://twitter.com/TheCircuit/status/1415436747710812164?s=20

Login • Instagram

Reaction Score
Gavin Griffiths and Taylor Bowen's Expressions team finished 6-1 and made the final 24 teams at Peach Jam. Griffiths averaged over 17ppg, ninth amongst all players, and he shot ~40% from 3 in the round robin portion. Today he had 27 points during Expressions' 30 point win, going 7-12 from 3, 10-18 overall with 8 rebounds.

This is from a few days ago:

Reaction Score
disappointing news in that the Expressions team was sent home due to multiple positive COVID tests and won't be playing the round-robin playoffs.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Must you? :)
Jack Black Yes GIF

Yeah, pretty much... yeah.

Reaction Score
Griffiths mentioned that Dayton, Iowa, Maryland, Syracuse, and UConn are recruiting him the hardest right now. He broke them down:
Dayton: “They have a great fan base. They are the best team in the A10 too.”
Iowa: “Iowa plays in the Big Ten. They are ranked pretty much every year and I like their style.”
Maryland: “I heard Maryland has a beautiful campus and great facilities.”
Syracuse: “Syracuse is in the acc. Great fans and a great arena to play in. They were also the first high major to offer me.”
UConn: “UConn is close to home and I’ve been able to see games before.”

Translation: "UConn is close to my house and is a school."

Reaction Score
Griffiths mentioned that Dayton, Iowa, Maryland, Syracuse, and UConn are recruiting him the hardest right now. He broke them down:
Dayton: “They have a great fan base. They are the best team in the A10 too.”
Iowa: “Iowa plays in the Big Ten. They are ranked pretty much every year and I like their style.”
Maryland: “I heard Maryland has a beautiful campus and great facilities.”
Syracuse: “Syracuse is in the acc. Great fans and a great arena to play in. They were also the first high major to offer me.”
UConn: “UConn is close to home and I’ve been able to see games before.”

Translation: "UConn is close to my house and is a school."
I haven't been to Maryland's campus since 2011 I think. At the time, yes the campus was beautiful, but as soon as you took one step off of campus it was very... not beautiful. IMO. I also stayed in their athletics dorms in 2007 for a soccer camp, and they were on par with North at UConn. Maybe that has changed since then.

Reaction Score
This kid is really good. There is lot of talent in the Northeast in 2023. Hopefully we can take advantage and look appealing this year with our style of play. A lot of the kids in this region for ‘23 are floor spacers and Hurley has still yet to prove he can coach teams to play with adequate pace or spacing.

Reaction Score
This kid is really good. There is lot of talent in the Northeast in 2023. Hopefully we can take advantage and look appealing this year with our style of play. A lot of the kids in this region for ‘23 are floor spacers and Hurley has still yet to prove he can coach teams to play with adequate pace or spacing.
Probably not many people watching but Bouknight’s comments at the Hornets draft presser about UConn’s style of play holding him back, probably wasn’t exactly the recruiting bonanza video clip Hurley was expecting from the draft lottery. LOL

Reaction Score
Probably not many people watching but Bouknight’s comments at the Hornets draft presser about UConn’s style of play holding him back, probably wasn’t exactly the recruiting bonanza video clip Hurley was expecting from the draft lottery. LOL
I think he meant he had to be purely a scorer and wasnt able to facilitate much

Reaction Score
I've heard over and again here how all that matters is JB being a lottery pick because of how that will resonate with other kids.

Proof? One big one is how kids are still committing to schools like Kansas in spite of its major violations.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Chief ironically is not that familiar with Gavin.
Not sure you understand what irony is. Oh wait, I think I have a good clue that you don't...
Chief, who claims to be an informed supporter of the program, calls attention to the above rather than to other Bouknight-related comments & posts that reflect favorably on UConn...and then, unaccountably, adds "LOL."

That's ironic.
Also dislikable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member