2023 NBA Draft Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2023 NBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Isaiah Wong got drafted and Sanogo didn't. Something is wrong with that. I knew Livingston would get taken due to perceived upside. Maybe Sanogo's height correction turned some off. They underestimate his heart.
Like they said the game has changed. It is all about permiter players and big guys either have to be elite rim protector or freaks like Durant and WEMBANYAMA to have a chance.

Reaction Score
Fell asleep before the draft ended but I like Andre to Milwaukee. Definitely can’t share the court with Giannis too much due to floor spacing but he will fit in to the scrappy defensive style and will hopefully be competing for a spot in the second unit to bring energy to the team. A winning team for a winning player.

Wished Sanogo got drafted, but him signing with Chicago immediately likely means that it was his choice of teams. It will be an uphill battle for him. I have full faith that he will work his way into a full time NBA contract. Vuc would be a good mentor as a back to the basket big who had to change his game to fit the modern NBA. Really cheering for Adama to work his way up the ladder again

All in all, not unsurprising where all the guys ended up. I feel like Hawkins could have gone anywhere from late lottery to late teens, Andre from late first to 40, Sanogo fighting for somewhere at the end of the second round. Congratulations to all 3 of them, UConn nation is proud of you!!

Reaction Score
Helps UConn that Hawk was also the best dressed in the draft room. Very clean outfit. some of those other threads…who dresses these guys?

Reaction Score
Helps UConn that Hawk was also the best dressed in the draft room. Very clean outfit. some of those other threads…who dresses these guys?
It's was also clear the big hair is in. It seems that having big hair was the x-factor for getting drafted. Young players need to take note and grow it like a Chia Pet.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Could anyone explain why there were only 28 picks in the second round?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
What's this about Andre's knees being a red flag? I hadn't/haven't heard anything about him having health concerns?

Shame Sanogo didn't get drafted but glad he got a contract with the Bulls, hope he turns that into some nice gelt.

Overall, pretty good results that lay a path for more in the future.

Reaction Score
What's this about Andre's knees being a red flag? I hadn't/haven't heard anything about him having health concerns?

Shame Sanogo didn't get drafted but glad he got a contract with the Bulls, hope he turns that into some nice gelt.

Overall, pretty good results that lay a path for more in the future.
Many fans don’t remember because he wasn’t on campus yet. Dre tore his meniscus at the end of his senior year of high school. He had surgery around the time of his high school graduation, and some may recall, he was limited in summer workouts and at the start of practice his freshman year. Other than that, I know of no other knee issues.

Reaction Score
Who do I need to speak with to change the format of the draft? The trades that no one knows about unless you're constantly on Twitter (and therefore spoil the picks) and teams drafting for other teams make this almost an unwatchable product...especially in the late first and the second round. Dre gets drafted by the Magic, which I thought was an awful spot, and then Woj casually talks about him going to Milwaukee with no explanation of a trade. The Celtics were impossible to follow all night. If you look at a draft recap, half the 2nd round picks are drafted by teams that they actual won't play for.

NBA really needs to figure out timing of the draft/free agency/league year to make it much more fun to watch and easier to follow. NFL does FA before the draft which is SO much better and makes the draft such a better product than the NBA.

Confused Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AJax ended up in one of the very few places that he fits. Bucks don't have a lot of holes to fill which will allow them to bring him along slowly and perhaps give him some G League exposure. They obviously weren't looking for someone who could step in and fill a meaningful role. He will be counted on to add energy and be a spot defender for the short term. He just wouldn't fit in right now with many teams. I still believe that taking AJax is a bigger gamble than taking Sanogo but that being said, Sanogo will have to work on a midrange game while in the G League to have any hopes of staying in the NBA
To me, the Hawk pick by New Orleans is a good fit. Hawk must gain muscle and work on his defense but the current NO squad has guys who can set picks for Hawk.
I'm so pissed that the Celtics traded Smart. He is the glue to that team and one of my favorite ballers.
Best of luck to all our Huskies with their professional careers.

Reaction Score
Bulls and 76ers lost their 2nd round picks for tampering during free agency
I wish they could come up with other forms of punishment that don’t impact kids having the chance of a lifetime to get drafted by an NBA team. I feel the same way about scholarship reductions for recruiting violations. They just take opportunities away from innocent parties.

Fine them a decent amount, restrict free agent signings, and give them the last picks of the 2nd round.

Reaction Score
I read an interesting stat yesterday. In NBA history, only 2.4% of players drafted after the 1st Round have made an NBA All-Star team. That says to me that either NBA talent evaluators do a great job (for the most part) or teams give their 1st rounders the time to develop and less so for 2nd rounders and undrafted free agents. This is very different from MLB and the NFL where late rounders succeed quite often (caveat that both MLB and the NFL have much larger rosters and therefore the 1st round impact is minimized).

Reaction Score
I wish they could come up with other forms of punishment that don’t impact kids having the chance of a lifetime to get drafted by an NBA team. I feel the same way about scholarship reductions for recruiting violations. They just take opportunities away from innocent parties.

Fine them a decent amount, restrict free agent signings, and give them the last picks of the 2nd round.
Maybe give those picks to the two teams with the worst records or something instead of dropping the draft spots completely?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom