Reaction Score
Quarterfinals set.

7/8
Panama vs Qatar
Mexico vs Costa Rica

7/9
Guatemala vs Jamaica
USA vs Canada

If USA wins they get winner of Panama/Qatar.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Playing Canada tonight. 8:00+ in and almost none of the match has been played. Kicked ball hit assistant referee in the head.

Reaction Score
Not the best effort. Lots of lazy passes. Low energy. But they won.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Jones played pretty well. Jesus Ferreira disappeared again. Definitely some dangerous giveaways in our half of the field and that LW sub for Canada looked the part. It was a fun game to watch.

Reaction Score
What a crappy effort in the first half. Somewhat better in the second half, but still not great. Matt Turner reinforces the idea that he is the man. Matt Miazga shows that the potential that prompted Chelsea to sign him all those years ago hasn't nearly been fulfilled. Miles Robinson needs to learn how to keep his arms down-the first one was a clear penalty if they hadn't bailed him out with Canada fouling Busio, the second was just unfortunate, but he shouldn't be reaching out with his arms to push the Canadian player in the box anyways. Jalen Neal showed his youth with some bad passes. Mihailovic did nothing much offensively. Zendejas continues to disappoint. Cade Cowell can dribble and is strong on the ball, but he can't shoot or pass, so that presents a conundrum. Busio also is a terrible shooter, either completely missing the frame or shooting the ball straight at the keeper, but at least he nailed his PK. Ferreira wasn't great, but he didn't have much to work with; he was pretty decent dropping deeper after Vasquez came in. Vasquez did a good job finishing off the beautiful ball from Jones, but skying his PK is not a good look. DeJuan Jones had some bad turnovers, but also the superb assist and some other nice deliveries. Overall, the US needs to play with more urgency and crispness-they were sloppy and slow, although they did improve towards the end.

Canada played like a Central American underdog, with a lot of CONCACAF-style garbage with diving on the slightest touch on offense, time-wasting by the goalkeeper, physical play on defense that they don't get punished enough for, and general $h!th0u$3ry style play. Given all the yapping they've done, I love that they go home as losers.

Reaction Score
The first half was awful. I almost turned it off. Guess i am glad i did not as the final 40 minutes was entertaining. As soon as shackleberg came in you could see he was creating issues down that left side for us. Great response after they went down 2-1. The penalty awarded was correct but so annoying given the actual location of the touch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The first half was awful. I almost turned it off. Guess i am glad i did not as the final 40 minutes was entertaining. As soon as shackleberg came in you could see he was creating issues down that left side for us. Great response after they went down 2-1. The penalty awarded was correct but so annoying given the actual location of the touch.
I just really hate the way they are calling handling now. There was no intent to play the ball (i.e. moving hand/arm towards ball to play it), arm wasn't in an unnatural position, he wasn't trying to make himself bigger, his arm just happened to be a little bit away from his body when the ball ricocheted off the other player. That, specifically, a year or so ago, was supposed to NOT make it a handling call.

That was never supposed to be the intent of what a handling penalty is .

However, the first handling call, that one probably should have been. The push on Busio was a pretty weak call to bail them out. So it probably evened out.

As for the game, we did out play them and probably deserved to win. Possession 68% to 32%. Shots 21/8 to 5/2. But we didn't play well. Thanks to Turner for bailing us out.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Jamaica vs Mexico is the only sports tonight besides NBA summer league, hoping Andre Blake can shut down El Tri

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
What happened to Miles Robinson? He has been horrible all tournament.

Reaction Score
Guys are slipping all over. Can we get a field that wasn’t recently sodded (and regulation size in some cases like Vegas and LA)? This is dangerous and shows we aren’t serious about the sport

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How the $%#& do you end up with a two on none in soccer?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Tough loss last night but again the USA showed it's youth.
Turner, I felt was trying to be too cerebral on the PKs instead of eyeing the ball but he has been very steady.
The two missed USA PKs were feeble at best.
I hate when teams like Panama resort to trying, as field play time is nearing it's end, to hurt the opposing players they feel will be taking PKs. It is so obvious and ignored by the field ref.
If USA fielded it's strongest team, it would have been a cake walk.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Almost a preview of the return of GGG. Schedule and heat required lineup adjustments but the result was poor defending all game. We couldn't be certain that the purpose of each sub was to remove the person most likely to actually score a goal, let alone the prime penalty takers.

This was because he chose starting Vasquez and Cowell together knowing they wouldn't go 90. If you know you are going to have to sub off Busio, why start both? Why did did he leave himself having to rely on Morris and Roldon? Sure they got a fluke goal, but it was poor management all around. Panama had the advantage once regular time ended.

Reaction Score
Well this loser is back now.

1689259105455.jpeg

Reaction Score
Anyone else catch Landon Donoham’s takes about how Pulisic should have went to MLS and his anti dual national stance.

Can we just toss this guy?

Reaction Score
If Pulisic flames out at Milan he may be in MLS before the ‘26 WC anyway.

Landon and Alexi need to go

I heard Ggg has been calling the shots regarding lineups from behind the scenes this tournament. No wonder we’re still seeing Jordan Morris and Christian Roldan playing

Reaction Score
If Pulisic flames out at Milan he may be in MLS before the ‘26 WC anyway.

Landon and Alexi need to go

I heard Ggg has been calling the shots regarding lineups from behind the scenes this tournament. No wonder we’re still seeing Jordan Morris and Christian Roldan playing

He won’t. He’ll go to some place like Lyon.

The list of players who have “flamed out” at Chelsea since Pulisic showed up there is a mile long. This includes the guys signed to replace Pulisic and the guys signed to to replace those guys.

The place was a toxic dump before Boehly and it has only gotten worse.

Reaction Score
Once again the final third was a huge problem for this team. But there were problems everywhere for this squad. It is nice to see our B team playing evenly with a deep, experienced Panama team.

I read zero into this team performance during the gold cup. Miles Robinson is still coming back from his injury but he was still the best one on one defender out there. Vazquez is great in the air but his feet still need to work. Ferreira is great against the bunnies. Still far from a finished product.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone else catch Landon Donoham’s takes about how Pulisic should have went to MLS and his anti dual national stance.

Ah but he's so sexy.

nmabpldbncnvrqv3hdhk.jpg

Reaction Score
So this crew only really beat St. Lots and one other team. Canada didn’t count.

Other than Turner we know what we need to know and we don’t need them.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

No one ever accused Donovan of being intelligent.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
So this crew only really beat St. Lots and one other team. Canada didn’t count.

Other than Turner we know what we need to know and we don’t need them.

The takeaway is that the pool of players that should be called up is a lot smaller than GGG has done in the past. It will be a very early test to see if he's learned anything. The second is playing Reyna in the middle. The third is playing any of these central defenders. Miles Robinson needs to re-earn his spot with his club team before playing meaningful US matches. He might have been the worst US player in the tournament. Sad since he was the best defender before he was injured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom