2023 College Sports Madness | The Boneyard

2023 College Sports Madness

Reaction Score
Mississippi State at 41 feels a little low to me. I expect them to be a team that flirts with the top 25, so somewhere in the low 30s range feels more reasonable. They are a team that I think is being a little overlooked. Personally, I think they will be a 7-8 seed in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State at 41 feels a little low to me. I expect them to be a team that flirts with the top 25, so somewhere in the low 30s range feels more reasonable. They are a team that I think is being a little overlooked. Personally, I think they will be a 7-8 seed in the tourney.
As a fan I try to be objective. Coach Purcell had some growing pains last season but really exceeded my expectations for his first season. He was also not devoid of talent last season but he certainly has upgraded the roster for the coming year. All three transfers were first or second team all conference. The key is obviously going to be getting the team to play together and having players previously with significant roles accepting different and possibly seen as lesser roles.
The two new players that excite me the most are L Park-Lane and E Barnum. Park-Lane is vocal and taken a leadership role on and off the court. E Barnum is an extremely versatile player but she needs to rebound more and be able to guard the four position. The 59% shooting from two point range last season was unreal.
There are likely some pains early but my expectation is consistent Top 25 by conference play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom