2022 UConn Football Commit - Nathan Voorhis (Stroudsburg, PA) Decommitted 10/17/21>Recommitted 12/6/21 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Nathan Voorhis (Stroudsburg, PA) Decommitted 10/17/21>Recommitted 12/6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Nathan Voorhis is a 6-4 230lb DL/TE from Stroudsburg High School in Stroudsburg PA. Other offer from Youngstown State.

Nathan was on campus on June 2 for a visit.

Highlights

-> TOP DEFENSIVE END PERFORMERS - CAMP MVP: Nathan Voorhis 6-4/230

Nate Voorhis was named a top performer back at the April 10 All State Preps camp. That wasn't enough for Voorhis. He came back with a vengeance and was heads and shoulders above most of the defensive linemen at the camp. I say most because Brett Kwoka had a helluva camp as well. That being said, Voorhis was impossible to block coming off the edge. However, he didn't rely on just his quickness. Voorhis also used his hands, hesitation moves, power, and inside moves to keep offensive linemen on their heels. He currently has an offer from UConn. Voorhis will earn several scholarships this spring once word continues to get out about him. <-

Reaction Score
Whoever is trying to circle Nathan in his highlight reel should resign.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Just got home from a beautiful day of golf at Richter and saw this. Welcome to The Family, Nathan.

Recruiting is on fire to the point they don't even have enough time to throw up the signal. I'm growing tired of just sniffing that 2.0 Kool-aid, I'm close to taking a sip. What a great day.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
For a coaches kid who had to fight the state to even get his position justified, can Coach Corey Edsall get some fin love from the local beat writers?

That young man is talented and very good at his job. I love the kids he's bringing into the program but more impressed by the relationships he builds with all of the young men he's recruiting. Wasn't there a kid recently who chose another program but his Dad went on Twitter to personally call out what a great job Corey did of recruiting his son? How often does that happen?

Reaction Score
For a coaches kid who had to fight the state to even get his position justified, can Coach Corey Edsall get some fin love from the local beat writers?

That young man is talented and very good at his job. I love the kids he's bringing into the program but more impressed by the relationships he builds with all of the young men he's recruiting. Wasn't there a kid recently who chose another program but his Dad went on Twitter to personally call out what a great job Corey did of recruiting his son? How often does that happen?

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Pound Nathan!! On another note Covid restrictions seem to have helped our recruiting. A staff that knows it needs under the radar types are picking up commits from kids that had limited exposure blast year. Mix in the early signing period and this staff is assembling a great class

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Just got home from a beautiful day of golf at Richter and saw this. Welcome to The Family, Nathan.

Recruiting is on fire to the point they don't even have enough time to throw up the signal. I'm growing tired of just sniffing that 2.0 Kool-aid, I'm close to taking a sip. What a great day.
Hope you stopped at Pippa's for a few cold ones.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Hope you stopped at Pippa's for a few cold ones.

Choppy (Pippa) was my assistant baseball coach at DHS back in the late 80's and I've spent tens of thousands of dollars and hours at that establishment over the years. I lived 50 yards away in an apartment for 4 years in my mid 20's just so I never had to drive home! I love the new owner, Susie but have probably been there 2 times in the past 16-17 years because real life took over. There were days where we'd be waiting at the door for them to open on a Saturday morning, we'd grab something to eat for breakfast and walk to Rogers Park for a softball game. Walk back for lunch and then back for an afternoon game then back to Pip's until they kicked us out. Which was usually after all the stools were up and the lights were being shut off. Some of the best memories of my life happened in that little joint.

1623541534680.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On another note Covid restrictions seem to have helped our recruiting. A staff that knows it needs under the radar types are picking up commits from kids that had limited exposure blast year.
1623549617817.gif

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Choppy (Pippa) was my assistant baseball coach at DHS back in the late 80's and I've spent tens of thousands of dollars and hours at that establishment over the years. I lived 50 yards away in an apartment for 4 years in my mid 20's just so I never had to drive home! I love the new owner, Susie but have probably been there 2 times in the past 16-17 years because real life took over. There were days where we'd be waiting at the door for them to open on a Saturday morning, we'd grab something to eat for breakfast and walk to Rogers Park for a softball game. Walk back for lunch and then back for an afternoon game then back to Pip's until they kicked us out. Which was usually after all the stools were up and the lights were being shut off. Some of the best memories of my life happened in that little joint.

View attachment 67967
Had a few pops with "The Hawk" in my younger days at Pippa's

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This kid looks like he is going to be a good one
Another good get for RE2

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This one's freshly poured at home in honor of you and the fact that young Mr. Voorhis has joined the UConn family. If you ever get back to the area let me know and we'll meet up at Pip's for the real thing. My treat.

1623551895964.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member