2022 UConn Football Commit - Kareem “KJ” Burke (Jacksonville, Florida)>Decommitted 11/17/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Kareem “KJ” Burke (Jacksonville, Florida)>Decommitted 11/17/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Once again proving there is no rhyme or reason to projecting performance based on recruiting rankings beyond the maybe top 5 star guys. The list swings from all time great huskies, to who-dats, to disappointments, coulda-beens, and outright busts with no discernable pattern.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That's a good list, especially for June before senior year. Wow. Shows they can recruit as an indy, after not playing a year, despite being one of worst teams in the FBS last 5 years.
I honestly think being indie improves recruiting. These isn't an appeal to playing the same teams each year when they are Tulane and ECU.

Reaction Score

Thank you for posting the link.

For those of you who find recruiting rankings meaningful at UConn's level of program (I don't need to argue that they can't discern between an Alabama All-American and someone who struggles for playing time at UMass), please look at the link and notice how low the relationship is between how highly thought of UConn recruits were coming out of high school, how much of an impact they had on the program and whether and to what extent they had an NFL career.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Edsall has really committed to a wide open offense. We know that this team is going to run the ball well, Edsall's teams are always great at running. But to be successful we need to be able to throw the ball all over the field. Play action pass I think will be our Qb's bread and butter.
UConn running ranking among all FBS teams: 2019: 108th, 2018: 37th (half the yards were Pindell), 2017: 87th.
So maybe your definition of "great" at running is different than mine.

Reaction Score
UConn running ranking among all FBS teams: 2019: 108th, 2018: 37th (half the yards were Pindell), 2017: 87th.
So maybe your definition of "great" at running is different than mine.

I think he mean to say no alternative instead of great. Auto correct or something.

Reaction Score
1623453209370.gif

LETS GOOOOOOOO!

Reaction Score
Thank you for posting the link.

For those of you who find recruiting rankings meaningful at UConn's level of program (I don't need to argue that they can't discern between an Alabama All-American and someone who struggles for playing time at UMass), please look at the link and notice how low the relationship is between how highly thought of UConn recruits were coming out of high school, how much of an impact they had on the program and whether and to what extent they had an NFL career.
My favorite examples of this point is a 3 star high school linebacker who has a Super Bowl ring as a fullback. There have been a number of guys who came rated at a position and left as very good players at a very different one.

Reaction Score
I no longer follow recruiting closely. But just with the offer
list it is easy to see this is an upgrade. And that clearly has been happening more often. So welcome to this young man. Hope we can keep him in the fold and cheer him on next fall.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A real quality get by RE2
Hopefully there isn't some hidden issues with this kid but if not, their loss is surely UConn's gain - the list of offers is crazy
He could be the offensive weapon that UConn hasn't seen in a long time
Welcome Kareem

Reaction Score
Very gratifying seeing everything coming together for Corey in FL. Kids today really need to feel the love and as someone who’s been an “observer” of college recruiting, that is a big part of success.
While Chief wouldn’t necessarily advocate that a recruit commit before their visit, when that happens Chief takes notice that the staff has done a great job of connecting with the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom