2022 UConn Football Commit - Donovan Branch (Winter Garden, Florida) > Decommitted 10/2/21>Recommitted 12/5/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Donovan Branch (Winter Garden, Florida) > Decommitted 10/2/21>Recommitted 12/5/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I am so happy and excited! Welcome SIR! We are honored to have you in the family.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great number of teams wanted this kid
Good get RE2 and staff
Keep them coming
Welcome Mr Branch

Reaction Score
Orlando Sentinel: Foundation Academy 2022 DE Donovan Branch commits to UConn

-> Branch, who is 6-foot-2, 235 pounds, picked UConn over offers from several schools from Power Five conferences, including Virginia Tech, Syracuse and Georgia Tech, but his research on his position led him to UConn, which was lacking at defensive end on its current roster.

The Huskies’ coaching staff told Branch the intention is to use him as a rush end, as well as a rover-type linebacker.

“As long as I can stay outside and use my speed and explosiveness then I’m fine,” said Branch, a 2022 senior. “I can adjust to coverages if they need me like that, so it’s all good.”

Branch said the way he was treated by the entire coaching staff during his visit was a big reason why he decided to commit.

“Once I got there, it was instant ... felt like home,” Branch said. “When we first got there, a player who used to play there named Luke Carrezola was the one who drive me back and forth with my parents and he took us out to eat and showed us the ropes the first day.

“Everyone was so very welcoming, and coach [Randy] Edsell was the same way. It felt like home for sure, so that was instrumental.” <-

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yes It Is GIF

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
These re-commits make sense. If at one time you had bought into UConn academically...loved the facilities...liked the independent schedule...saw an opportunity to get playing time..why would that change with the hiring of Mora?

I know recruits build relationships with certain coaches..but Mora is an infinitely better coach to play under than Edsall.

Reaction Score
These re-commits make sense. If at one time you had bought into UConn academically...loved the facilities...liked the independent schedule...saw an opportunity to get playing time..why would that change with the hiring of Mora?

I know recruits build relationships with certain coaches..but Mora is an infinitely better coach to play under than Edsall.
Well he decommitted after Edsall retired and before Mora was hired so that makes sense.

Reaction Score

Position coaches mean a lot. You're spending a lot more time with them than the HC

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Position coaches mean a lot. You're spending a lot more time with them than the HC
Agreed..but the overall direction of the program matters also.

Reaction Score
Welcome back to the dog pound...When's the early signing period? I know it is coming up. Can't wait to see if any decommits will return...
December 15-17
let’s get these guys signed and delivered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom