2022 UConn Football Commit - Denzel Mountali-Johnstown (Vancouver BC) | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Denzel Mountali-Johnstown (Vancouver BC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know it is just more proof that I’m not a good person, but it makes me happy that those who view recruiting Canada as a part of our awful past that will change with HCJM have to deal with his first recruit coming from north of the border.
First recruit...or second? Looks like Spearman is first.

Reaction Score
Well actually he wasn’t. He was recruiting Eastern prep schools where this kid was playing and happened to be from Canada. On his Zoom call Thursday evening with several of us Mora made a huge point of taking advantage of the many eastern prep schools as opposed to going the JUCO route.
An overlooked aspect of recruiting the Prep Schools...these kids have already in some cases left home, flew to CT, and moved here to go to school. This was the case for both Mountali and Spearman who i believe is from Michigan. Its kind of a way to expand your recruiting footprint without having to leave your state. Pretty sure the other coaches here recruited them also. I went to Avon Old Farms vs Taft this year and the level of play was higher than your typical CT HS game.

Reaction Score
An overlooked aspect of recruiting the Prep Schools...these kids have already in some cases left home, flew to CT, and moved here to go to school. This was the case for both Mountali and Spearman who i believe is from Michigan.
Spearman is from North Carolina.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm okay with Canadian football recruits so long as they aren't French Canadian.

They're the worst.

Reaction Score
Isn't Fortin from Quebec? He was good while healthy, then had some nagging injuries

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I would love to know how many of these early commits were being targeted by the outgoing staff. I think they all did a great job hanging in, when they could have easily tanked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom