2022 UConn Football Commit - Camryn Edwards (Norwalk, CT) | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Camryn Edwards (Norwalk, CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Superb athlete- grossly under recruited. Real glad we have this one, should be able to contribute rather quickly at multiple positions. Long term I like corner, but he could be a S, WR or RB.

UConn has pulled in the two best athletes in CT public school in Rosa and Edwards.

Reaction Score
I think this is an overlooked kid who can make a difference. His numbers at RB are off the charts. Very, very productive player. He didn't run track so his speed numbers are not known. But he had a significant number of very long runs.

Reaction Score
I think this is an overlooked kid who can make a difference. His numbers at RB are off the charts. Very, very productive player. He didn't run track so his speed numbers are not known. But he had a significant number of very long runs.

I love the sneaky fast running style (great short burst) and thick legs. If he stays at RB he will break some arms. I can also see him developing his body and being a heavy hitter on D, maybe even a middle LB as his video shows he is an excellent tackler who already packs a punch. Either way this a great pickup!

Congrats Camryn!

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I love the sneaky fast running style and thick legs. If he stays at RB he will break some arms. I can also see him developing his body and being a heavy hitter on D, maybe even a middle LB as his video shows he is an excellent tackler who already packs a punch. Either way this a great pickup!

Congrats Camryn!
On tackling, not easy to find good tacklers (too many come in high and don't get their weight behind it) and it seems to me is something that is not easy to develop. Reduced contact drills at all levels ought to give more value in time to recruits who are already good tacklers. To me one of the challenges and disappointments of the Edsall 2.0 era has been the inability of the last staff to develop our recruits into better tacklers.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Marinelli’s father talk about him as a safety when he was telling the staff to go after him?

-> Marinelli said one kid UConn should be on is Cam Edwards, the Norwalk running back-defensive back: “If he isn’t the best running back in the state, I don’t know who is. I think he’s a DI safety.” <-

Your move Lou…

Reaction Score
From the highlights I see a potential in the box safety after a year of putting on some weight.
I agree. He's also a good inside out runner and could walk on if the BB team has a few injuries. Don't see the cornerback angle but who knows. Get on the field and sort it out.

Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn Cam. With your ability to make the tough long catches, where you have to look back over your head, the other teams won't risk throwing long when you're in the lineup at Safety or DB.

Reaction Score
This kid is good! Welcome!

1643671120123.gif

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good to keep instate talent and reminds me how things were in the early and mid 2000's when the Huskies were at there best

Welcome to Storrs, Cam

Reaction Score

He is a good player on both sides of the ball and a complete player at that, he blocks, run good routes, catches, defends the pass, is good in coverage, and he comes up and makes sure-handed tackles which is something that will certainly be welcomed on our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom