2022 NCAA women's basketball tournament central | The Boneyard

2022 NCAA women's basketball tournament central

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The 2022 championship will be the first to have 68 teams. First Four games will be played on Wednesday, March 16, and Thursday, March 17, at four of the top-16 host sites. First- and second-round games will be played Friday, March 18, through Monday, March 21, at the top-16 seeds.

Regional games will be played March 25-28, with Greensboro, North Carolina (Greensboro Coliseum) and Spokane, Washington (Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena) hosting regional semifinal and final games on March 25 and 27, while Bridgeport, Connecticut (Total Mortgage Arena) and Wichita, Kansas (INTRUST Bank Arena) will host March 26 and 28.

The 2022 Women's Final Four will be played April 1 and 3 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The semifinals will be at 7 and 9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN. The championship game will be played at 8 p.m. on ESPN.

Here's the complete schedule for the tournament:
  • Four opening round games will be played on Wednesday, March 16 and Thursday, March 17.
  • First- and second-round games will be played Friday, March 18, through Monday, March 21, at top-16 seeds.
  • Regionals are March 25-28
  • The Final Four is April 1 and the national championship game is April 3 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
So, maybe I'm overlooking it, but on ESPN's WBB page...I do not see a link to a NCAAT page, with information about all the teams. I'm old school...don't use my phone for much other than texting and calls...and once upon a time, ESPN used to dedicate an entire page to NCAAT stuff. Am I just missing it? Or do they no longer do special tournament coverage?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
So, maybe I'm overlooking it, but on ESPN's WBB page...I do not see a link to a NCAAT page, with information about all the teams. I'm old school...don't use my phone for much other than texting and calls...and once upon a time, ESPN used to dedicate an entire page to NCAAT stuff. Am I just missing it? Or do they no longer do special tournament coverage?
You are overlooking at least some of what you want. Go to WCBB on ESPN hit home page, they have a number of the things you are looking for. If it was hard to find I never would have. Enjoy.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

This is really interesting if you're into odds of winning it all, and odds to win the first round game. In some ways, it sure looks like so many teams weren't seeded correctly (according to the oddsmakers).

Odds to win it all:

• #1 South Carolina: +175
  • #1 Stanford: +350
  • #1 NC State: +650
  • #2 UConn: 4-1
  • #1 Louisville: 10-1
  • #2 Texas: 20-1
  • #2 Baylor: 25-1
  • #2 Iowa: 30-1
  • #3 Indiana: 40-1
  • #4 Maryland: 40-1
  • #6 Kentucky: 40-1
  • #3 Iowa State: 60-1
  • #3 LSU: 75-1
  • #6 Ohio State: 75-1

Reaction Score
Can somebody please explain -- why are two of the First Four play-in games for an 11-seed slot? Why weren't these 11-seed competitors good enough to make the top 64 in place of two of the 16-seeds? In other words, why aren't all the play-in games for a 16-seed slot? I know the men have been doing this for several years, but I could never figure out why some of these play-in teams enter at the 11-seed.

Second question: The Greensboro Region has two play-in contests -- Dayton/DePaul for its 11-seed slot, and Howard/UIW for the 16-seed. The Spokane Region has one play-game (MissouSt/FlaSt) for its 11-seed slot. Bridgeport Region has one play-in contest (Longwood/MSM) for its 16-seed slot. And Wichita Region has no play-in game. Why the regional imbalance?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Can somebody please explain -- why are two of the First Four play-in games for an 11-seed slot? Why weren't these 11-seed competitors good enough to make the top 64 in place of two of the 16-seeds? In other words, why aren't all the play-in games for a 16-seed slot? I know the men have been doing this for several years, but I could never figure out why some of these play-in teams enter at the 11-seed.

Second question: The Greensboro Region has two play-in contests -- Dayton/DePaul for its 11-seed slot, and Howard/UIW for the 16-seed. The Spokane Region has one play-game (MissouSt/FlaSt) for its 11-seed slot. Bridgeport Region has one play-in contest (Longwood/MSM) for its 16-seed slot. And Wichita Region has no play-in game. Why the regional imbalance?
This is the first season the women's bracket expanded to 68 teams.

The two 11-seeds are the last at-large invites. The two 16-seeds are auto-bid qualifiers who I guess are determined the two weakest in the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom