2022 ESPN 100 update

Reaction Score
Fillipowski #20
Rodgers #35
JJ Starling #38
Karaban #45
Clingan #51
Floyd #81

ESPN is the only site with Karaban ranked fairly. Odd bc their rankings are usually awful. The rest looks fine. Floyd is a bit too high imo. I like his game a lot and think he'll thrive in our system, but isn't top 100 talent. 100-120. 75-150 is a crapshoot though.

I suspect the most likely class is Floyd, Karaban, Clingan and whatever combo guard we can snag.

Justice Williams dropped a bunch--as he should've. Did not do much at Montverde this year and a couple people called me out for saying it. Sorry. 15 mpg averaging 3 shots a game isn't good for you even if your teammates are stars.

Surprised Bates is still #1 on these sites but the hype machine is in his favor. I think he'll be an all star but the kid weighs 4 lbs and has played what, 10 games in the last 2 years for a team his daddy didn't curate for him?. Duren is the safer bet

Reaction Score
Fillipowski #20
Rodgers #35
JJ Starling #38
Karaban #45
Clingan #51
Floyd #81

ESPN is the only site with Karaban ranked fairly. Odd bc their rankings are usually awful. The rest looks fine. Floyd is a bit too high imo. I like his game a lot and think he'll thrive in our system, but isn't top 100 talent. 100-120. 75-150 is a crapshoot though.

I suspect the most likely class is Floyd, Karaban, Clingan and whatever combo guard we can snag.

Justice Williams dropped a bunch--as he should've. Did not do much at Montverde this year and a couple people called me out for saying it. Sorry. 15 mpg averaging 3 shots a game isn't good for you even if your teammates are stars.

Surprised Bates is still #1 on these sites but the hype machine is in his favor. I think he'll be an all star but the kid weighs 4 lbs and has played what, 10 games in the last 2 years for a team his daddy didn't curate for him?. Duren is the safer bet
What is it that keeps you from considering Floyd a top 100 player? Athleticism? Size?

Reaction Score
What is it that keeps you from considering Floyd a top 100 player? Athleticism? Size?
I haven't seen him play in an actual game but from highlights it looks like he scores on catch and shoot 3's, fast breaks and hard-nosed straight line drives using his strength to finish. So maybe he lacks a sophisticated ball handling, hesitation, playmaking, counter-move game? Let us know Husky429.

Reaction Score
Fillipowski #20
Rodgers #35
JJ Starling #38
Karaban #45
Clingan #51
Floyd #81

@husky429 ..Curious where D.Lively landed in latest ESPN rankings?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sign me up for that. That would be a very strong class.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Flip at 20, wow.

Floyd I think being in the 80s is about right. Karaban creeping is a great sign. Kid can obviously play, I’m really excited for him I hope we can lock him and Anglin up as snipers.

Reaction Score

I haven't seen him play in an actual game but from highlights it looks like he scores on catch and shoot 3's, fast breaks and hard-nosed straight line drives using his strength to finish. So maybe he lacks a sophisticated ball handling, hesitation, playmaking, counter-move game? Let us know Husky429.

He's a good player. Strong, tough, good defender, does a little of everything. The problem is that he's a 6'2 SF right now. He doesn't shoot it as well as the highlights would make you realize, and his ballhandling is lacking for his size.

I like the way he fits in our system and I think he could develop into a really, really good player here though. He doesn't transform a team or impact the gravity of the game like Bouk did, and he isn't going to break anyone down or score 20 a game... but he'll make it tough on opposing guards, hit some catch n shoot 3s and get straight lines/transition drives on closeouts. His tough defense might get him decent minutes in year one if he shoots it okay. 4-year player that can be a rotational piece on a final 4 team IMO.

Reaction Score
He's a good player. Strong, tough, good defender, does a little of everything. The problem is that he's a 6'2 SF right now. He doesn't shoot it as well as the highlights would make you realize, and his ballhandling is lacking for his size.

I like the way he fits in our system and I think he could develop into a really, really good player here though. He doesn't transform a team or impact the gravity of the game like Bouk did, and he isn't going to break anyone down or score 20 a game... but he'll make it tough on opposing guards, hit some catch n shoot 3s and get straight lines/transition drives on closeouts. His tough defense might get him decent minutes in year one if he shoots it okay. 4-year player that can be a rotational piece on a final 4 team IMO.

A better Brendan Adams… will fit in nicely.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams put together some decent tape at Calvert Hall, too.
Nah, I saw tape of Adams at Calvert. Floyd is way more built, way more athletic, and plays much more physical...just a better basketball player.

He starts on the best AAU team in the country and was first team all state in Jersey. Adams got some minutes at UConn when the team was down and out and injured. As soon as the talent improved and the team got healthy he didn't play anymore. Glad he's back at the A-10 level where he belongs.

Reaction Score
247 also updated their rankings today

37 JJ Starling
40 Kyle Filipowski
53 Donovan Clingan
61 Jayden Epps
70 Ty Rodgers
105 Corey Floyd Jr
125 Alex Karaban
131 Denver Anglin

Reaction Score
Other UConn targets in the new ESPN rankings:

31. Zion Cruz
35. Ty Rodgers
41. Chance Westry
85. Jayden Epps

Are we even recruiting Cruz or Westry anymore? I’ve really only been hearing about Starling, Epps, and Anglin.

Last edited:

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Other UConn targets in the new ESPN rankings:

31. Zion Cruz
35. Ty Rodgers
41. Chance Westry
85. Jayden Epps

Are we even reverting Cruz or Westry anymore? I’ve really only been hearing about Starling, Epps, and Anglin.
If the fourth target in the 2022 class is a CG it’s surprising there’s zero buzz about Hurley pursuing Zion Cruz. He played with Samson this season at the same program Adama came out of in Hurley’s Jersey stronghold.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the fourth target in the 2022 class is a CG it’s surprising there’s zero buzz about Hurley pursuing Zion Cruz. He played with Samson this season at the same program Adama came out of in Hurley’s Jersey stronghold.
Could just be under the radar. I don't think anyone knew we were still pursuing starling hard until recently.

Reaction Score
We’ve pulled a few recruits out of nowhere before. Of course, I searched on Twitter real quick and it sounds like Auburn is all over him.

Reaction Score
While on the subject, anyone know where we stand with Ty Rodgers? I haven’t heard much of anything since his OV, but seems like a Michigan lean

Reaction Score
While on the subject, anyone know where we stand with Ty Rodgers? I haven’t heard much of anything since his OV, but seems like a Michigan lean
I wonder if getting a commitment from Karaban would take us out of the running for Ty Rodgers.

Reaction Score
I wonder if getting a commitment from Karaban would take us out of the running for Ty Rodgers.
Michigan, Michigan State, and Illinois all watched him this weekend and from what I could tell, UConn didn’t. Writing is/has been on the wall there. It’s smart to try to get closer to the Meanstreets program, but I don’t think anything will materialize this year with their players/targets.

Reaction Score
Michigan, Michigan State, and Illinois all watched him this weekend and from what I could tell, UConn didn’t. Writing is/has been on the wall there. It’s smart to try to get closer to the Meanstreets program, but I don’t think anything will materialize this year with their players/targets.
Dang. Oh well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom