2022 Coaching Carousel Begins… | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2022 Coaching Carousel Begins…

Reaction Score
Anybody watch this thing? I'm hearing about Buffaloes getting phone calls telling them they're out, losing their scholarships, scrambling to find a new home. I am not really impressed with this. "I'm coming." To me this comes off more like intimidation than a positive high energy coach like we have. No thanks.

Reading through the comments it seems like a lot of folks feel the same way.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Anybody watch this thing? I'm hearing about Buffaloes getting phone calls telling them they're out, losing their scholarships, scrambling to find a new home. I am not really impressed with this. "I'm coming." To me this comes off more like intimidation than a positive high energy coach like we have. No thanks.

Reading through the comments it seems like a lot of folks feel the same way.

They went 1-11. Deion is within his right to mold the team the way he sees fit as that is his job. He's probably telling kids they aren't good enough to get playing time and they'd be better off finding a new home. I don't know why the media decided to crucify him like this. Every coach does this in some way shape or form - perhaps his approach isn't the best, but we'll see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
I think his approach is totally b.s. No reason to publicly humiliate the kids who are trying to get an education and play football. That doesn’t mean better players aren’t brought in, kids expect that. But comments about his better luggage are cheap shots. Hope they stink.

Reaction Score
They should cancel the season so Deion can spend 8 months in north Florida

Reaction Score
That was an impressive intro to the team. Deion's credibility resonated. Those players heard the very thing they needed to hear from Coach Prime--that the culture in Boulder has been soft and change is coming. Two of my grandkids go there and a third is on the way. The facilities are incredible, the traditions are in place, Ralphie the Buffalo gallops onto the field and yet the fanbase is numb to the lackluster results. When was the last time you couldn't wait to tune into a CU game?
Since Sanders was hired, there's never been more excitement in Boulder. Coach Prime was speaking truth. There are a lot of kids on that team going through the motions, uninspired by the prior coaching staff(s) and not in love with the game. Players are ignored by the students. There are no football heroes on that campus.
Not any more. The media will shine a spotlight on the Buffs. It will be must see TV. And Coach Prime and the Buffs will be big winners.

Reaction Score
That was an impressive intro to the team. Deion's credibility resonated. Those players heard the very thing they needed to hear from Coach Prime--that the culture in Boulder has been soft and change is coming. Two of my grandkids go there and a third is on the way. The facilities are incredible, the traditions are in place, Ralphie the Buffalo gallops onto the field and yet the fanbase is numb to the lackluster results. When was the last time you couldn't wait to tune into a CU game?
Since Sanders was hired, there's never been more excitement in Boulder. Coach Prime was speaking truth. There are a lot of kids on that team going through the motions, uninspired by the prior coaching staff(s) and not in love with the game. Players are ignored by the students. There are no football heroes on that campus.
Not any more. The media will shine a spotlight on the Buffs. It will be must see TV. And Coach Prime and the Buffs will be big winners.
Reading you call Deion, Coach Prime, made me think of this Cedric The Entertainer bit.

Reaction Score
As Hyman Roth said to Michael Corleone "This is the business we have chosen". Coaches get fired in a myriad of ways. Bottom line, the program was stale. It was time for Niamatalolo to go.
I think the sun started to set on KN's run when Navy started losing to Army after about 14 straight wins. In the 2016 Army-Navy game KN decided to punt on 4th and about 4, with the ball near midfield, 4 minutes left and Navy trailing 21-17. Army had been running the ball effectively in the 2nd half and predictably, they just ran out the clock. I couldn't believe KN decided to punt in that situation. It felt like he was giving Army a chance to win. That game marked the beginning of a downturn in Navy's program. They have been the least successful of the 3 service academies since then although they had a great season in 2019.

KN was a great coach for Navy. It just seems he lost the fire over the last few years. But Gladchuck should have handled the dismissal with more respect and more class. I hope Navy fires him and gives KN his job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom