2022 Big33 All-Star Game (PA vs MD) - Kylish Hicks and Nathan Voorhis | The Boneyard

2022 Big33 All-Star Game (PA vs MD) - Kylish Hicks and Nathan Voorhis

Reaction Score
It’s a shame because there was a time when The Big 33 was one of if not the premier all star game in America. However the proliferation of post season games like The Army, UA, O/D and Polynesian Bowls combined with a higher percentage of elite prospects enrolling early has greatly diminished the talent involved. Ohio no longer participates and was replaced with MD. Due to its proximity to the season kids are viewing it more as a potential risk to their freshman year than a reward for HS success.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The timing of this game seems odd to me.

These are kids who completed their HS playing career in Nov/Dec last year and they are now playing a full contact game? Oof.

I live deep in HS football is religion territory and all the schools just finished spring practice and scrimmages against other local HS. But these are kids who are playing next year.

Reaction Score
The timing of this game seems odd to me.

These are kids who completed their HS playing career in Nov/Dec last year and they are now playing a full contact game? Oof.

I live deep in HS football is religion territory and all the schools just finished spring practice and scrimmages against other local HS. But these are kids who are playing next year.
Its not uncommon in PA and Ohio to see these type of all star games at the end of the school year. There's an ongoing streak where every Super Bowl contested has had a Big 33 Alumni participate. Nice to see PA smack around MD, but I do miss playing Ohio even if they've surpassed PA in producing football talent. The 70's-90's was a who's who of players who would end up at Penn State, ND, Pitt, OSU, UM etc.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Its not uncommon in PA and Ohio to see these type of all star games at the end of the school year. There's an ongoing streak where every Super Bowl contested has had a Big 33 Alumni participate. Nice to see PA smack around MD, but I do miss playing Ohio even if they've surpassed PA in producing football talent. The 70's-90's was a who's who of players who would end up at Penn State, ND, Pitt, OSU, UM etc.

I'm familiar with the name and history. Just seems like this is a game you play in December right after state playoffs and stuff, not something done late spring well after these players have gotten out of game shape and speed.

Like I was saying, where I'm at spring football just wrapped up. Each school has an intra-squad scrimmage and then local schools scrimmage against each other. Full pads, tackling, refs, etc but it is very much a controlled scrimmage vice a 48 minute game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom