2022 Alex Karaban | The Boneyard

2022 Alex Karaban

Reaction Score
Where did all the rest of the posts in this thread go? And who changed the title? Without the original posts from @Ricker analyzing his game and pointing out what a talent he was (before the new rankings came out the last few weeks) my posts listing his offers lose their meaning. And my following his offers makes more sense with my first post in this thread talking about how I know Alex and my son played on a team with him. And if I'm pointing out BE offers why take out the twitter post with the PC offer? Whoever changed this thread can you please put back all the original posts? What's the point of doing this?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Ricker, doesn't look like UConn is recruiting him. PC, Georgetown, Marquette, Xavier and Villanova are other BE programs that put in a call to him.

Reaction Score
Actually astounds me
I am surprised they didn't at least lob in a call to him. He's a pretty smart kid and his parents prioritize academics so the calls from many of these schools (Stanford, Penn, Georgetown, Michigan, etc.) doesn't surprise me.

Maybe it's not a position of need for UConn in 2022. If he's a 3 he's not the athletic kind of player Hurley seems to covet at that position. He's very skilled for 6-7 but I wouldn't say he's overly athletic.

Reaction Score
I am surprised they didn't at least lob in a call to him. He's a pretty smart kid and his parents prioritize academics so the calls from many of these schools (Stanford, Penn, Georgetown, Michigan, etc.) doesn't surprise me.

Maybe it's not a position of need for UConn in 2022. If he's a 3 he's not the athletic kind of player Hurley seems to covet at that position. He's very skilled for 6-7 but I wouldn't say he's overly athletic.

Agreed.
You can be a great college player if you are skilled, even if you're not super athletic. I hope DH doesn't get hung up on athleticism and overlooks the ability to routinely put the ball in the basket, make the right pass, get in position for rebounds and steals and all the other little things players like Henefeld brought to UConn.

Reaction Score
Karaban right now plays exactly like Giffey as a senior. Hard to believe any team couldn't use the mix of inside, outside, and leadership skills from a high academic, high character, team oriented kid that is a winner. Maybe we already know we have little chance with him, and the lack of interest is on his part. Tyler Lydon is also a great comp, played at New Hampton, and college/Syr 1 yr. Tom Moore was at the game I watched against Putnam Science and Karaban led his team. I had earlier given Tom a note at an earlier game that day, saying my wish list for was Sanogo and Karaban. I guess he decided it was good enough to just act on Sanogo. :D

Reaction Score
Another Big East offer. Watch, he'll go to another team in the Big East and he'll kill UConn and @Ricker will be saying for 4 years, "I told you so." :)

Reaction Score
Looks like the entire Big East is going to offer him except UConn. I wonder why UConn isn't interested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom