2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No. It is the other one that subbed off the bench last season.
Ace? She will be missed, she gave us some great minutes last Season. Hope her younger sister can fill the void.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
After 5 months of only having one full-time permanent assistant coach on staff, Vic finally fills one of two vacancies. Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton has been hired away from Boston College.

Question - how is the workload allocated in this situation? Does Coach Schaefer's daughter pitch in while they find their third assistant?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Question - how is the workload allocated in this situation? Does Coach Schaefer's daughter pitch in while they find their third assistant?
That's what's been happening the last 5 months on the recruiting trail. Blair Schaefer and Sydney Carter have been filling in.

Reaction Score
After 5 months of only having one full-time permanent assistant coach on staff, Vic finally fills one of two vacancies. Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton has been hired away from Boston College.

Question, and I know I'm behind, but any clue what happened to Dominque Dillingham? She was on staff there in some capacity.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND Announces Katryna Gaither Will Join Irish "Ring of Honor" in November

From the ND press announcement:

“I am honored to announce the induction of Katryna Gaither into the Notre Dame Ring of Honor,” ND Heac Coach Niele Ivey said. “She ranks fourth on our all-time scoring list as well as third in the rebounding category and helped lead our team to its first Final Four in 1997. Katryna, along with an incredible senior class, established the foundation for the rich tradition of excellence and success which Notre Dame women’s basketball now enjoys." This group also included Beth Morgan (Cunningham), who helped lead the Irish to its first-ever Final Four.

Born in the Bronx and raised in Mount Vernon, N.Y., the 6-3 center arrived at Notre Dame in 1993 and blossomed into one of the premier players to ever don the blue and gold. During her sophomore season, Gaither made 252 field goals, which still ranks ninth in program history. Her name peppers the record books from those initial years in South Bend; Gaither still holds the No. 4 spot in the highest field goal percentage category from her 1995-96 campaign (.633) and the No. 1 spot in single-season field goals (324) from that same year.

Dillon druthers: This is a popular choice among many of us at the Bench. Besides the accomplishments listed above and in the press release, Gaither's efficiency ratings are through the roof (along with Ruth Riley and Jess Shepard, in particular).

Congrats to Katryna!

(If anyone is wondering, my next choice would be Alicia Ratay, the beyond-effective long-range bomber who was essential to ND's first championship squad, led by "The Ruth" and Niele Ivey.) After that, why not Jewell Loyd?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Cripes. I've lost count as to how many ACL/leg injuries have been announced prior to the start of the season.
Geesh, I just watched NY Giants receiver Sterling Shepard suffer an ACL running upfield with no one near him.

Hope Allie Kubek, Sterling Shepard and others all have successful surgeries and have a good recuperation process.

Reaction Score
Geesh, I just watched NY Giants receiver Sterling Shepard suffer an ACL running upfield with no one near him.

Hope Allie Kubek, Sterling Shepard and others all have successful surgeries and have a good recuperation process.
Don't get me started on Shepard and that field in NJ :mad: The turf in that stadium is concerning. Not a Giants fan but that kid deserves a break.

Reaction Score

Iyana Moore from Vanderbilt has torn her ACL

Oh my, my heart goes out to her, hope she can heal quickly. That sucks for Vandy, the games haven't even started and already down two very good players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Iyana Moore from Vanderbilt has torn her ACL

Oh my lord, my tender heart cannot take any more of this preseason drumbeat of season-destroying injuries.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh my, my heart goes out to her, hope she can heal quickly. That sucks for Vandy, the games haven't even started and already down two very good players.
Not the best way to emulate your coach. :(:(:(

Reaction Score
Very much deserved

I don't think I realized this hadn't happened yet. Latoya Thomas was the biggest recruit (until Vivians) to stay in Mississippi and play at MSU. I saw her play a couple of times and was amazed at how good she was. The team was decent when she was there but couldn't get past the first weekend of the tournament.

It's a nice video with Fanning-Otis and Purcell. Thomas was the real deal and deserves this honor.

Reaction Score
Very much deserved

Well overdue imo. Latoya put MSU on the map , they were contenders when she was there it was MSU and Tennessee and Georgia back in those days. Glad shes finally get her just due as her WNBA career did not pan out as expected.

Reaction Score

Angela Dugalic on UCLA announces she tore an ACL, really unfortunate since she missed a lot of last season with an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom