2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Thanks for sharing this @southie. It's nice to see articles like this talking about how athletes are prioritizing themselves, especially from a mental health perspective. This is so important and the fact she understands her worth and is willing to step away to focus on how she can contribute is impressive. Coach Blair had a very special player on his roster.

Wow, I will never forget that tournament performance she put on against Iowa St. She got hers in that night. NYC!!
Yes, she was amazing against Iowa State. That was an unbelievable game.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Dear heavens. Rutgers situation doesn't help them at all with this match up.:eek:
This year is going to test my patients, Only 8 scholarship players, 2-3 walk ons, new staff, new system, new tempo, its going to be an interesting year to say the least.
But I’m very interested to see how our lone returning post player Chyna Cornwell develops now that she has to play and play a lot. She could be a rebounding machine. Im also excited that our freshmen will get a lot of time too.

But thank god I have LSU to root for also.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This year is going to test my patients, Only 8 scholarship players, 2-3 walk ons, new staff, new system, new tempo, its going to be an interesting year to say the least.
But I’m very interested to see how our lone returning post player Chyna Cornwell develops now that she has to play and play a lot. She could be a rebounding machine. Im also excited that our freshmen will get a lot of time too.

I know there are a lot of factors that go into picking up transfers, but I'm surprised that staff hasn't picked up 1 or 2 yet. although this late you just dont want to sign anyone.

There are several teams I am keeping a close on eye on in regard to a short roster. Florida State is in the same boat.

Also has anyone heard where Taylor Chavez has ended up? She was good at Oregon and kinda fell off the map at Arizona.

Grace Hall is another one from LSU that hasn't landed anywhere yet.

Reaction Score
I know there are a lot of factors that go into picking up transfers, but I'm surprised that staff hasn't picked up 1 or 2 yet. although this late you just dont want to sign anyone.

There are several teams I am keeping a close on eye on in regard to a short roster. Florida State is in the same boat.

Also has anyone heard where Taylor Chavez has ended up? She was good at Oregon and kinda fell off the map at Arizona.

Grace Hall is another one from LSU that hasn't landed anywhere yet.
Nothing is listed on Raoul's WBB Blog. No idea.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
OMG, Washington's OOC schedule is pathetic:

Utah Tech (huh?! never even heard of it)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Idaho St.
Fordham
Santa Clara
Seattle U.
Queens College (huh?!)
Liberty
SIUE

This might just be the worst OOC of any P5 in the country. Are they looking to join the Big West or the Big Sky?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
OMG, Washington's OOC schedule is pathetic:

Utah Tech (huh?! never even heard of it)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Idaho St.
Fordham
Santa Clara
Seattle U.
Queens College (huh?!)
Liberty
SIUE

This might just be the worst OOC of any P5 in the country. Are they looking to join the Big West or the Big Sky?

I think Queens College is Division II

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

How many teams you got? People are rooting for multiple schools now? :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Says you. :p

I only have two. How many do you have again?

giphy.gif

Between 6 and 20 :oops::oops:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Between 6 and 20 :oops::oops:
I don't got that kind of time, plus the two I have stress me out enough.

At least I won't have to stress with LSU until conference play this year.
:confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This looks like QC, not QU. I don't think it's the mighty Monarchs of the ASUN.

I looked up on Queen's website, and they are indeed traveling to Seattle to face the Huskies. They are also facing Gonzaga two days later. It used to be Queens College until a few years ago. There is another Queens College in NYC... they are probably D3.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I looked up on Queen's website, and they are indeed traveling to Seattle to face the Huskies. They are also facing Gonzaga two days later. It used to be Queens College until a few years ago. There is another Queens College in NYC... they are probably D3.
Yep. I had looked it up also before I posted it was them.

Reaction Score
I still find it funny there's a Queen's University in the US. There's one in Canada in Kingston ON.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Years ago Arizona posted "Pacific University" as an opponent on their announcement - we were actually the first to contact them and advise them that they were playing "University of the Pacific" - which is a totally different school, in fact is the DI one.

Queens College in NYC was good in the very early days of the sport, FWIW. One of their stars Gail Marquis, competed in the '76 Olympics and was a long time color commentator on Rutgers local broadcasts, the only reason I ever found out anything about the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom