2021 UConn NY Times Nat'l Champ - Official Mercendise

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What happened? Link no longer working.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn Copyright and Trademark Office sent us a cease and decease for copyright infringement. So I was forced to take them down.

We’ll be rolling out another t shirt tomorrow morning - unfortunately they told us no derpy husky or we’d face a lawsuit. So we went with a generic husky logo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn Copyright and Trademark Office sent us a cease and decease for copyright infringement. So I was forced to take them down.

We’ll be rolling out another t shirt tomorrow morning - unfortunately they told us no derpy husky or we’d face a lawsuit. So we went with a generic husky logo.

Bunch of .

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

How many to AD David Benedict and Edsall buy before the take down, I'm sure a couple each, right?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
How many to AD David Benedict and Edsall buy before the take down, I'm sure a couple each, right?
Hahaha we shared the post on all sorts of social media and it literally took 4 hours before they came knocking on the door. We sold like 15 shirts, people were messaging me saying they wanted more too, but were forced to take them all down.

Unfortunate but that’s the business side of it. Now the real test will be if UConn cries wolf after we use Bonfire’s free to use generic husky graphic. It strikingly looks very similar to the current logo.

They also told us to remove any “UConn Huskies” text or we’d face lawsuits as well.

Reaction Score
The University's legal beagles are quick on the internet to prevent copyright & sales infringement, yet the marketing department has no clue as to customer interest. Cases in point:
1. I went to the UCONN bookstore & saw some great rag wool sweaters. Thought I'd like one for myself. Unfortunately, the bookstore only ordered them in ladies sizes.
2. The Hockey team has a very nice looking jersey that it's now wearing in its 2nd season. If you read the hockey board, interest has been expressed about where to purchase it. Again, the marketing department has not released it for general sales.

It's like the marketing & sales department is blind to sales opportunities.

Reaction Score
The University's legal beagles are quick on the internet to prevent copyright & sales infringement, yet the marketing department has no clue as to customer interest. Cases in point:
1. I went to the UCONN bookstore & saw some great rag wool sweaters. Thought I'd like one for myself. Unfortunately, the bookstore only ordered them in ladies sizes.
2. The Hockey team has a very nice looking jersey that it's now wearing in its 2nd season. If you read the hockey board, interest has been expressed about where to purchase it. Again, the marketing department has not released it for general sales.

I saw the UConn ski team jackets a couple of years ago and tried to buy one. No sale. This is an item that would fly off the shelves in Storrs. Completely agree the marketing team is subpar.

Look on the ends, the jackets with red and white trim are terrific.

84185123_2943706725673494_4830301842363645952_o.jpg

Reaction Score
Hahaha we shared the post on all sorts of social media and it literally took 4 hours before they came knocking on the door. We sold like 15 shirts, people were messaging me saying they wanted more too, but were forced to take them all down.

Unfortunate but that’s the business side of it. Now the real test will be if UConn cries wolf after we use Bonfire’s free to use generic husky graphic. It strikingly looks very similar to the current logo.

They also told us to remove any “UConn Huskies” text or we’d face lawsuits as well.
Are the 15 orders that were placed going out?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Are the 15 orders that were placed going out?
No Bonfire said you’d be refunded because the t shirt was deleted for copyright infringement per the University’s request. UConn actually contacted Bonfire and got them to yell at me too.

Reaction Score

I've been trying to get a fitted hook C hat for my son for two years now. He's a baseball player and wanted one. We went to Vanderbilt and BC to look at the campus and there were plenty of fitted baseball hats. I went to the UConn bookstore, which is over an hour from my house four different times. Each time only very small or very large sizes were left. No luck trying to buy it online. My son will be enrolling into BC next year. Great school, but it stings and I blame the marketing department for not giving me the tools needed to swing him away from the dark side.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Alright everyone - sorry for the delay and inconveniences we’re live again with a kosher tee shirt. No mention of UConn, the UConn logo is completely free from Bonfire, and hopefully no legal issues.

We won’t be stopped!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Alright everyone - sorry for the delay and inconveniences we’re live again with a kosher tee shirt. No mention of UConn, the UConn logo is completely free from Bonfire, and hopefully no legal issues.

We won’t be stopped!

Nice.

I think it needs an asterisk "*as certified by New York news people."

or something

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Nice.

I think it needs an asterisk "*as certified by New York news people."

or something
We thought about that but didn’t want the NYTimes knocking on our doors either...

Reaction Score
I've been trying to get a fitted hook C hat for my son for two years now. He's a baseball player and wanted one. We went to Vanderbilt and BC to look at the campus and there were plenty of fitted baseball hats. I went to the UConn bookstore, which is over an hour from my house four different times. Each time only very small or very large sizes were left. No luck trying to buy it online. My son will be enrolling into BC next year. Great school, but it stings and I blame the marketing department for not giving me the tools needed to swing him away from the dark side.

Congrats, Vandy is the slightly better school but 'the institution that shall not be named' is in a better city unless you are really into country. Our middle child had that decision 30 years ago and chose Vandy. She never regretted it but never enjoyed the outside of school opportunities that her same aged cousin had at you know where.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Damn the people really love the derpy husky...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom