Terrence Clarke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrence Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
6'6" guard? Yes please.

Can we show whoever is lagging behind in the big man platoon the door halfway thru the season? We might have to with all the big tuna the staff is pulling in.

Tides are turning!! Let's go!!!
Kid is 2021. Should easily have an opening for him.

pj

Reaction Score
6'6" guard? Yes please.

Can we show whoever is lagging behind in the big man platoon the door halfway thru the season? We might have to with all the big tuna the staff is pulling in.

Tides are turning!! Let's go!!!

I like all of our bigs and the ones lagging behind are likely to be just developing a little more slowly than the rest. Halfway through the season may be enough time to tell if someone has the wrong character -- doesn't want to play defense or work -- and those we should give up on. It's not enough time to give up on a slow developer.

Reaction Score
I like the kid’s game.
Chief Approves.
I am not certain why this thought crossed my mind, but in the 1970’s New Haven used to produce better basketball players than Boston. Granted the population is much smaller but the socio, economic and educational collapse of CT’s inner cities have pulled a lot of things down with them. A lot of things just don’t function well including basketball development.
Connecticut teams used to win NE championships regularly back in the day.

Reaction Score
One of the many reasons I direct kids away from aau. At least playing in multiple leagues. Imo if you're mot a major prospect who can get on a sponsored team, it is iffy at best to play aau.

I think time and money is better spent at skill camps.

I'd be curious was @Burnsbros23 thinks. He's really plugged in to this stuff

AAU gets a bad rap. The sponsored teams are actually the worst at running it up and yapping while doing it.

My team plays on the NY2LA circuit and most of those teams are pretty well coached and well run. Because they can practice. Lot of these sponsored teams pull from such a wide area they never practice. If ur a D2 or up player you prolly have to play. D3 kids tend to have their recruitment play out during their senior year of high school. Their certain programs you know are going to do things the right way. And certain programs that will be happy to beat someone 100-8. And their are sponsored teams who do thinks the right way. All about finding the right program.

One of my 2021 kids was invited to the Chris Paul camp. It was 400 dollars, plus had to get to charolotte, plus hotel. Kid is from north chicago. He had football anyway. But was really disappointed to see that price. Would of liked to see this kid in person looks tremendous on the video.

Reaction Score
AAU gets a bad rap. The sponsored teams are actually the worst at running it up and yapping while doing it.

My team plays on the NY2LA circuit and most of those teams are pretty well coached and well run. Because they can practice. Lot of these sponsored teams pull from such a wide area they never practice. If ur a D2 or up player you prolly have to play. D3 kids tend to have their recruitment play out during their senior year of high school. Their certain programs you know are going to do things the right way. And certain programs that will be happy to beat someone 100-8. And their are sponsored teams who do thinks the right way. All about finding the right program.

One of my 2021 kids was invited to the Chris Paul camp. It was 400 dollars, plus had to get to charolotte, plus hotel. Kid is from north chicago. He had football anyway. But was really disappointed to see that price. Would of liked to see this kid in person looks tremendous on the video.

Definitely agree here, and that also applies to high school coaches I deal with. Some are absolute lunatics. I've seen a coach instruct his players, the bench, and his other coaches to all yell profanities at our best player to try to "get in his head"... we were ahead by 28.

Reaction Score
Definitely agree here, and that also applies to high school coaches I deal with. Some are absolute lunatics. I've seen a coach instruct his players, the bench, and his other coaches to all yell profanities at our best player to try to "get in his head"... we were ahead by 28.

So true bad coaches on both side. Good coaches on both side. will say AAU plays too many games one thing I hate that we do.

Reaction Score
4+ in a weekend is brutal. Are there any decent leagues that play less? I dont know of any

Live periods for my team in April was a game Friday night 2 Saturday 1 Sunday. Really liked that format.

July was another story had 10 games Wednesday- Sunday first week. 9 the next week.

I dk how it is out ur way but the high schools in Illinois play about 35 games in June. Kids legs are absolutely toast by July.

Reaction Score
The kid looks unbelievable but the competition doesn't look incredible, although at that age those may be the best players to go up against.

Per another comment, the location to UConn and better competition, facilities, coaching etc would be a huge benefit to a kid like this that's just so far ahead of his age.

C

Chief00

He’a a big priority. Coaches are all over him and I don’t mean his dream class schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I can take baggy, shaggy, short shorts, knee covers, but if college goes to the style of uniform at about the one minute mark, I won't watch the game.
wahhhhhh!
1Vb8W.gif

Reaction Score
I like the kid’s game.
Chief Approves.
I am not certain why this thought crossed my mind, but in the 1970’s New Haven used to produce better basketball players than Boston. Granted the population is much smaller but the socio, economic and educational collapse of CT’s inner cities have pulled a lot of things down with them. A lot of things just don’t function well including basketball development.

Not only New Haven, but The Bridgeport area also. The 70's was stacked.

Reaction Score
Not only New Haven, but The Bridgeport area also. The 70's was stacked.

Hartford also with Shorty Davis, Ricky and Owen Mahorn and quite a few other well known HS players. CT was loaded early 70's especially.

Reaction Score
I like the kid’s game.
Chief Approves.
Chief it was Drugs and gang violence not economic collapse that killed New Haven Basketball. I suspect Bridgeport was simalar. Warren Harding had produced a great number of stars in the 1970-1980’s
The Dixwell Ave courts were legendary. Waterbury kids like Tony Hanson and Jim Abromitis would drive down to play BB .
It was a school got BB
But when your afraid to get shot playing BB is a low priority.
My wife worked with a guy from New Haven ,that had his family sleep on the floor to avoid stray bullets.
The irony of the cocaine war of the 1990’s it made UConn or rather Storrs more attractive to City Kids than had previously been the case.

Reaction Score
Chief it was Drugs and gang violence not economic collapse that killed New Haven Basketball. I suspect Bridgeport was simalar. Warren Harding had produced a great number of stars in the 1970-1980’s
The Dixwell Ave courts were legendary. Waterbury kids like Tony Hanson and Jim Abromitis would drive down to play BB .
It was a school got BB
My wife worked with a guy from New Haven ,that had his family sleep on the floor to avoid stray bullets.
The irony of the cocaine war of the 1990’s it made UConn or rather Storrs more attractive to City Kids than had previously been the case.
"Drugs and gang violence" and "economic collapse" are pretty related!

C

Chief00

It was a school got BB

Agree - to me crime, drugs, failed schools, broken families and poverty all go in the same bucket.

Reaction Score
Let's get this kid to Brewster and reclassed to 2020 by June. Could very well be the #1 player in his class

Reaction Score
That's just not fair

Yep why not play up? I mean these games don't do him any good quite honestly. No matter the kid is a monster for a 15 year old, wow they will all be flocking in to see him and offering him. Only shot is to get him to commit early (which won't stop the squid) as well as being the winning ways again for the program while he's studying in HS still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom