2021 Home Football Games Times/TV Set... | The Boneyard

2021 Home Football Games Times/TV Set...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

1) UConn has 8 games on the channel in 2021. Eight! Only our away games at UMass, Vanderbilt, Clemson and UCF are elsewhere.
2) the CBS schedule no longer has AAC games (aside from Navy).... Presumably much of that AAC content is now behind the Disney+ firewall. Wonder how many recruits will find those + games.
3) UConn's nationally televised games include: Holy Cross and Yale. With this contract FCS schools will be asking to play us....usually FCS games are bumped to paywalls or narrow local telecasts.

UConn's home page has those eight games proudly noted:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Anyone remember what we are getting from CBSSN for the rights to our games?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Anyone remember what we are getting from CBSSN for the rights to our games?
Believe it is roughly $100k per game

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Didn’t the agreement also say future years the per game pay would increase based upon opponent as well?
I think there’s a look in opportunity to extend 2 years if they’re happy with the ratings and opponents. I don’t recall the exact language tbh

Reaction Score
Great to hear. I thought it was higher than 100,000though. Wasn’t it 500/1a games and some lower number but more than 100,000 for 1AA. I say this because I thought the deal was worth about $3 million annually Which is 500,000 each for 6/home games. The first year was a bit less and maybe this is now year 1.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
1) UConn has 8 games on the channel in 2021. Eight! Only our away games at UMass, Vanderbilt, Clemson and UCF are elsewhere.
2) the CBS schedule no longer has AAC games (aside from Navy).... Presumably much of that AAC content is now behind the Disney+ firewall. Wonder how many recruits will find those + games.
3) UConn's nationally televised games include: Holy Cross and Yale. With this contract FCS schools will be asking to play us....usually FCS games are bumped to paywalls or narrow local telecasts.

UConn's home page has those eight games proudly noted:
So I'm assuming the Clemson game will be on either ACC Network or ABC/ESPN2, the UCF game will likely be on ESPN2/U, the Vandy game on SEC Network. Who will televise the UMass game?

Reaction Score
I read the 2-3 million someplace and remembered it as an annual number not a total for the deal. Still I agree that this is better than expected in terms of coverage. I also wonder if they are helping with scheduling.

Reaction Score
Fresno game set for 11 AM PST

“With triple-digit temperatures a common occurrence in Fresno in late August, fans will be able to have a "breakfast tailgate" and get to their seats before the likely heat reaches its peak. As the sun crosses overhead, the Bulldogs may see home-field advantage kick in against the opponents from Connecticut.”

Within the article you have this written and in comments people saying how UConn is not going to know how to handle the heat. Do they think UConn is in Alaska? Avg temp in CT in august is 84, Fresno it’s 96, so yes it’s warmer, but humidity in CT averages 75% in august where Fresno it’s 23%. I’ll take 12 degrees warmer with 50% less humidity any day of the week. People out west don’t seem to understand humidity making the air heavy, especially when playing sports, is the killer. But I guess we can keep it in our back pocket as an excuse if/when it gets ugly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom