2021-2022 Player Highlights: Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

2021-2022 Player Highlights: Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
ok, this one is getting me seriously hyped for next season. such a unique and fun player to watch.

you kind of forget for all that is made of his shooting/scoring difficulties that he actually had some really big games in that department. and the passes, blocks, and steals speak for themselves.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Kid is a freak of nature. Already one my Top 10 favorite players. Can’t wait to see what he brings this year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Thinking that this Jackson kid might end up being pretty good. :)
I've been critical of his shooting form, but not so much any more. It's still pretty ugly, but as long as it's pretty at the other end and he manages to get it off unmolested, what difference does it make? His ability to get to the hole and his vision to see teammates get open for a pass before they actually get open will often keep defenders far enough away from him that he can get it off from shoulder height.
And last year, he had almost as many double figure rebound games as double figure scoring games. Which probably means he needs to shoot more.

Reaction Score
he's such a weirdo. I love it. First team all conference possibility this season.

Reaction Score
Tremendous all-around player. Andre must be one of the only players in the BIG EAST that could be in the top ten this season of five different statistics.

Minutes played, assists, rebounds, scoring, and foul shooting. We shall see how it shakes out. :)

Reaction Score
Thinking that this Jackson kid might end up being pretty good. :)
I've been critical of his shooting form, but not so much any more. It's still pretty ugly, but as long as it's pretty at the other end and he manages to get it off unmolested, what difference does it make? His ability to get to the hole and his vision to see teammates get open for a pass before they actually get open will often keep defenders far enough away from him that he can get it off from shoulder height.
And last year, he had almost as many double figure rebound games as double figure scoring games. Which probably means he needs to shoot more.
His issue shooting last year (other than his form..) was confidence. There was a stretch in the middle of the season where he was launching threes and hitting them pretty consistently, but at the end of the season he lost it.

If he can hit the open ones, I feel like that’s enough. Teams that have to respect his three point shooting are in a world of trouble because nobody can keep up with him or jump with him, and he’ll be one of the best passers in the conference.

I can’t remember the last time I was as excited to see if guys hit or completely miss as I am with Andre and Hawkins next year.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Instagram had pics of AJax throwing out the first pitch at the Yardgoats game the other day and as someone else commented on this pic…DC is large.

Attachments

• A3465780-2C44-4F1D-881F-6C93034E7994.jpeg
    A3465780-2C44-4F1D-881F-6C93034E7994.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
His issue shooting last year (other than his form..) was confidence. There was a stretch in the middle of the season where he was launching threes and hitting them pretty consistently, but at the end of the season he lost it.

If he can hit the open ones, I feel like that’s enough. Teams that have to respect his three point shooting are in a world of trouble because nobody can keep up with him or jump with him, and he’ll be one of the best passers in the conference.

I can’t remember the last time I was as excited to see if guys hit or completely miss as I am with Andre and Hawkins next year.
Doubt it was confidence. More likely respect for the seniors and/or his preference to facilitate.

He is clearly the leader of next season’s team. He values loyalty and teamwork. He’s very supportive of his teammates similar to Caron Butler.

He admires Pistol Pete so I’d be surprised if we don’t see a transition to a more alpha scoring role.

Like you and others in this thread I am very excited about the leap he will make this season.

Reaction Score
Friends would chirp me for saying he was my favorite player last year because they’d only look at “the bad” that would happen (a couple TOs a game, a missed 3) he was by far the more criticized player by fans for NO REASON.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom