2020 UConn Football Commit #15 - Desmond Fogle (Kingsland, Georgia) | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Football Commit #15 - Desmond Fogle (Kingsland, Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Am I the only one perplexed by the choice to wear 24 for this commitment photo? Maybe it means he will play the Fortt/Swenson LB slot or maybe it means nothing and plays MLB or SLB. Just saying....

Reaction Score
Glad we were able to beat out Campbell U and Savanah State for a blue chip.;). In all seriousness, at least the young man has some prototypical LB size potential he can grow into.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one perplexed by the choice to wear 24 for this commitment photo? Maybe it means he will play the Fortt/Swenson LB slot or maybe it means nothing and plays MLB or SLB. Just saying....
Wouldn't 2024 be his graduation year? Pretty sure its also the number he wore in high school.

Reaction Score
Checking his high school tape he wears number 24.. most players get the pic taken in their high school or prep number jersey

Reaction Score
On another note, he is already bigger than Scott Lutrus and Lawrence Wilson when they got to UConn. He is size comparable to Jory Johnson and Sio Moore before they enrolled. Let's hope he develops into any of the above.

Reaction Score
On another note, he is already bigger than Scott Lutrus and Lawrence Wilson when they got to UConn. He is size comparable to Jory Johnson and Sio Moore before they enrolled. Let's hope he develops into any of the above.

what was Greg Lloyd, Lawrence Wilson, Scott Lutrus and Sio Moore's numbers? Nothing consistent for sure.

Reaction Score
what was Greg Lloyd, Lawrence Wilson, Scott Lutrus and Sio Moore's numbers? Nothing consistent for sure.
on 24/7 Lutrus was listed at. 6'1 196. Sio 6'2 222, Wilson 6'1 206, Lloyd 6'2. 209, Johnson 6'1 220

Reaction Score
Glad we were able to beat out Campbell U and Savanah State for a blue chip.;). In all seriousness, at least the young man has some prototypical LB size potential he can grow into.
from RecruitGeorgia; summer 2019

"Fogle shows the length and speed that P5 schools look for at linebacker. He had a huge impact for Camden, and helped propel their defense to being one of the stronger in 7-A by the end of the season. Fogle is quick off the edge, he already shows excellent reactions off the snap. He plays well with his eyes, seems to read the play quickly and react. Very strong motor, he jumps to the outside quickly and his speed once again is a big difference maker. Fogle is a high character player, from all accounts around the Camden community. There is a ton to like with Fogle, so very interested to see how he has progressed over the last year."

The knock on him was the inability to put weight on earlier but he managed to put 15lbs prior to his senior year. Perkins came in to help recruit Georgia. I believe he was responsible for getting and then keeping those GA kids when PP came in. His connections probably led him to this kid.

Like you said perhaps a bigger piece of clay as a start.

Reaction Score
I think he is bringing in more athletic kids than BD, i.e.. speed on WR corp is better. Been going through the recruiting files on 247 and I believe there are more kids in RE2's classes with other FBS offers. That Quay kid was a big get too. An underdeveloped line and smallish linebackers combo have been tough to watch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With Quay Evans we really will have an anchor to build around for 2021 an beyond on the D line. Perhaps looking at Watts/Evans/T Jones and McCarthy as a base with plenty of kids like K Jones, Gourdine, Uguak, Pace, DeVaughn etc and others to rotate around that group.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, maybe Alexander is moved LB....like we did with Mitchell.
If he's a natural as an edge rusher I hope he stays there, on the edge. Put some weight on and develops into another undersized star a la Trevardo William's. Or even better, a la CT/Syracuse/NFL great Dwight Freeny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom