2020 UConn Commit #19 - Alexander Wyant (Santa Ana, California) | The Boneyard

2020 UConn Commit #19 - Alexander Wyant (Santa Ana, California)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Alexander Wyant is a 6-6 300lb OL from Foothill High School, Santa Ana California attending Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa California (JUCO). 3 for 2 qualifier. Other offers from Fresno State (previous commit - flipped from Toledo), Toledo and Morehead State.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nothing on the tape of Walker or Wyant that says they arent fully capable of stepping in as starters from day one. Hopefully both enroll in January.

This will give guys like Lundt, Brown and Rooney one more year of development which I think is going to benefit them. Plus, there will be plenty of snaps for them too over 12 games.

Reaction Score
I guess this was the plan....RE felt juco was better than those on campus. Lots of pressure on Giufre to make this work. I hope randy is able to hire an OC to let Giufre focus on the OL.
Shaky you better preform plenty of bris’s so you can donate a lot of money for new offensive coordinator!

Reaction Score
Nothing on the tape of Walker or Wyant that says they arent fully capable of stepping in as starters from day one. Hopefully both enroll in January.

This will give guys like Lundt, Brown and Rooney one more year of development which I think is going to benefit them. Plus, there will be plenty of snaps for them too over 12 games.
Agreed. I also like what Niedrowski did at the end of the year. He had a couple of bad penalties but showed a lot of "junk yard dog". That might be the most important trait for an OL. Nothing better than watching a big nasties take over a game. Would love to see that again.

Reaction Score
I like the commit. Haggard seemed more like a project with the 6'7" 260 frame. Wyant comes in at 295 and can play either guard or tackle immediately if needed. Film shows good pulling ability and decent agility. Edsall did a good job patching OL needs with two JUCOs. I still hope that DeGeorge decides to stay and keeps some stability. He is the only RS jr. that has not showed up on the transfer portal. I guess he sould also just be hanging up the cleats and deciding not to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wonder if UConn going independent and having games out west swayed him in any ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom