2020 Recruiting: - Noah Collier | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Noah Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Noah would be our Plan A at the PF spot. With his length he would play the 4/5 here.

Reaction Score
Noah would be our Plan A at the PF spot. With his length he would play the 4/5 here.

I can't imagine you believe that if you've seen him play or even watched highlights. He's 6'7 (maybe) and 200lbs.

Great athlete. He's working to be a 3 at this point, not develop a centers back to the basket skillset.

You may be mixing him up with someone else?

I expect the priority is Jackson over Collier. Not the same position, just limited scholarships, and two will be swallowed by a guard/big (or a transfer this year) that we pretty desperately need.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine you believe that if you've seen him play or even watched highlights. He's 6'7 (maybe) and 200lbs.

Great athlete. He's working to be a 3 at this point, not develop a centers back to the basket skillset.

You may be mixing him up with someone else?

I expect the priority is Jackson over Collier. Not the same position, just limited scholarships, and two will be swallowed by a guard/big (or a transfer this year) that we pretty desperately need.

Andre is a shooting guard, and Noah is a PF. They are two different positions completely. When I saw him play for Westtown, he played the four with Bol Ajak at the five, and he played in the paint the majority of the game. Bol is listed at 6-10 and Noah looked at least 6-8 next to him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Andre is a shooting guard, and Noah is a PF. They are two different positions completely. When I saw him play for Westtown, he played the four with Bol Ajak at the five, and he played in the paint the majority of the game. Bol is listed at 6-10 and Noah looked at least 6-8 next to him.
He's closer to a SF than C. Not all PFs are paint eaters.

Reaction Score

Andre does not play shooting guard. He can't shoot or dribble well enough. He is a slashing 3. I would bet he's more likely to play 4 occasionally (like Sid did) for us than the 2--though I'd hope we aren't that desperate positionally in a year.

If he's playing 4 in high school there is NO WAY he is playing 5 in college. Even if he is 6'8, he's not playing 5 in college. He is not tall enough or long enough. He was listed this fall as being 6'6.5" 197lbs, with a 6' 7.5" wingspan. Even listed as a SF/PF in some places.

Could he play the 5 if we had major, major foul trouble? Sure. So could Sid if we were totally fragged. But that's not what he's being recruited for. He will not be able to defend the 5 or finish over length the way his is in high school when the competition gets taller and stronger.

You are so, so, so far off base here.

And that's not saying we should recruit him. He's a pretty athletic, higher IQ kid who will be in college for 3-4 years. If he can develop some shooting touch, he could be a nice college player. Lower ceiling.

BCF

Reaction Score
Andre does not play shooting guard. He can't shoot or dribble well enough. He is a slashing 3. I would bet he's more likely to play 4 occasionally (like Sid did) for us than the 2--though I'd hope we aren't that desperate positionally in a year.

If he's playing 4 in high school there is NO WAY he is playing 5 in college. Even if he is 6'8, he's not playing 5 in college. He is not tall enough or long enough. He was listed this fall as being 6'6.5" 197lbs, with a 6' 7.5" wingspan. Even listed as a SF/PF in some places.

Could he play the 5 if we had major, major foul trouble? Sure. So could Sid if we were totally fragged. But that's not what he's being recruited for. He will not be able to defend the 5 or finish over length the way his is in high school when the competition gets taller and stronger.

You are so, so, so far off base here.

And that's not saying we should recruit him. He's a pretty athletic, higher IQ kid who will be in college for 3-4 years. If he can develop some shooting touch, he could be a nice college player. Lower ceiling.

Andre is a prototype 3. But he is closer to a 2 than he is a 4.

Reaction Score
Andre is a prototype 3. But he is closer to a 2 than he is a 4.

Agreed.

But he is more likely to play the 4 for us just because he's tall enough and has crazy hops. You can get away with an under-skilled 4 in college. NOT an under-skilled 2.

Reaction Score
Why would Collier be a backup plan if we miss on Cliff?

Because we only have 3 scholarships and I doubt 2 of them would go to bigs. I expect a guard, a wing, and a big. As I said yesterday, I think a likely scenario is Diarra, Jackson, and one of Omoruyi/Collier/Springs.

Reaction Score
Because we only have 3 scholarships and I doubt 2 of them would go to bigs. I expect a guard, a wing, and a big. As I said yesterday, I think a likely scenario is Diarra, Jackson, and one of Omoruyi/Collier/Springs.
His point is that Collier isn't really a big. More of a 3. I'm not as sure as everyone else that we'll have 3 scholarships next offseason. We were convinced we'd have 3 this offseason and we all can see how that's going.

Reaction Score
Agreed.

But he is more likely to play the 4 for us just because he's tall enough and has crazy hops. You can get away with an under-skilled 4 in college. NOT an under-skilled 2.

Because he can jump he will play the four for us? That's a weird statement. Obviously he would play a wing for us as well, but his jump shot is much improved and would see time at the 2. He does not have the build to play the four either. You can get away without being skilled if you have the build, he doesn't.

Reaction Score
Because he can jump he will play the four for us? That's a weird statement. Obviously he would play a wing for us as well, but his jump shot is much improved and would see time at the 2. He does not have the build to play the four either. You can get away without being skilled if you have the build, he doesn't.

Lol. I see you've given up on the Collier angle. At least I was convincing enough there ;)

You can't have one decent ballhandler on the floor. We would be destroyed if Jackson, with his current skillset, was playing that role. He makes Vital look like pistol pete.

How do you know his shot has improved? I know solid local coaches that disagree.

Having THE BUILD means you're able to play a position? That's ridiculous. Ask Sid Wilson. He looks like a 2. Good luck with that.

Sid was forced to play 4 in a pinch because of personnel limitations. Same would be true for Jackson. Ideally it never has to happen.

Reaction Score
Do you think we take both a PF and a Center next year?
1) Guard
2) Forward/Wing
3) Center

Would be my guess. So with Collier I’d say one of him and Jackson right now (if any), but not both.

Really curious to see who looks the best out of Collier, Jackson, and Cross in the EYBL this year.

Reaction Score
1) Guard
2) Forward/Wing
3) Center

Would be my guess. So with Collier I’d say one of him and Jackson right now (if any), but not both.

Really curious to see who looks the best out of Collier, Jackson, and Cross in the EYBL this year.

Cross is one of the best kept secrets for class of 2020.

Reaction Score
1) Guard
2) Forward/Wing
3) Center

Is this assuming we land a big this year (or not a ranked list)? Have to think that would be absolute top priority if we aren't able to land someone of high major caliber this year.

Reaction Score
Cross is one of the best kept secrets for class of 2020.
I agree but we haven’t prioritized him and his HS coach is now at UMass.
Is this assuming we land a big this year (or not a ranked list)? Have to think that would be absolute top priority if we aren't able to land someone of high major caliber this year.
Yes I was making that assumption

Reaction Score
Sounds like he will be a UMass lean given his coach going there.

Yeah agree. It’s too bad I really love this guy. He is tough, high IQ, smooth shot, and he defends. Just seems like such a Hurley-type player.

BCF

Reaction Score
Agreed.

He doesn't even play the 4 in high school. No way he plays it in college.

Reaction Score
He doesn't even play the 4 in high school. No way he plays it in college.

Another person not reading my posts before responding. Good work bud.

I'm saying that in a major personnel pinch (like Sid this year), he could fill in at the 4 more easily than he could the 2. Meaning that Polley and Akok both have 5 fouls and broke their tibia too. The NCAA has ruled Kenya ineligible. No recruits are in-house that we could try to get immediately cleared to play.

Neither the 2 or 4 position would be ideal for Andre. There isn't much "tweener" about him. Pure 3.

And it would really depend on the matchup more than anything. Matchup is all about defense. Offensively, our 3 and 4 are pretty similar. If he needed to guard a perimeter 4 with a 3 pt shot (like polley) Andre would be fine. A banger like Cook for Iowa this year would mean we'd have to go bigger somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom