2020 Early enrollees on campus and moved in. | The Boneyard

2020 Early enrollees on campus and moved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Educated guessing from top down (left to right)
DB Alfred Chea, RB Nate Carter, LS Nilay Upadhyayula
DL Marques Alexander, QB Jonathon Sénécal, TE Brendan Heatherman, DL Carter Hooper
OL Sidney Walker, OL Zach Early, WR Keelan Marion, OL Alexander Wyant

Reaction Score
First time away from home and a cold desolate Storrs. Can't blame them for looking glum but hopefully better days are ahead for UConn football and they achieve great success

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Roster notables:
  • O'Neill Robinson still listed on the roster despite word that his locked is empty and name plate removed.
  • Jaylon Ferrell seems to be missing. If he has left the program, I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet.
  • Darius Bush listed as a WR (Edsall mentioned he was capable of playing both WR or CB), but had indicated that might start at WR.
  • Dillon Harris noted as a LB rather than DL. Give the propensity for the UConn football department to mess up the roster notes we should wait until spring practice to confirm accuracy.
  • This is not a surprise, but if you count Dillon Harris as a LB, then we have a solid 13 DLs on the roster now. It seems the DL position is fully restocked.
  • Malik Dixon is listed as a sophomore, but I am rather certain he is a redshirt freshman in 2020.
  • Russell Dixon 6'2'' is still listed a TE....I thought there might be a chance he moves to WR this spring.
Side note about WOs:

I could see Jahkai Gill and Hayden Jordan at WOs that might move ahead of some scholarship guys at the WR position this spring (this will be their second year). Both were really nifty WRs in HS.

I could also see WO Jaylen Jones in the secondary perhaps getting in the mix at safety. He had a scholarship offer to Air Force, attended there for part of a season.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Roster notables:
  • O'Neill Robinson still listed on the roster despite word that his locked is empty and name plate removed.
  • Jaylon Ferrell seems to be missing. If he has left the program, I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet.
  • Darius Bush listed as a WR (Edsall mentioned he was capable of playing both WR or CB), but had indicated that might start at WR.
  • Dillon Harris noted as an LB rather than DL. Give the propensity for the UConn football department to mess up the roster notes we should wait until spring practice to confirm accuracy.
  • This is not a surprise, but if you count Dillon Harris as an LB, we still have 13 DLs on the roster now. The DL position is fully restocked.
  • Malik Dixon is listed as a sophomore, but I am rather certain he is a redshirt freshman in 2020.
  • Russell Dixon 6'2'' is still listed a TE....I thought there might be a chance he moves to WR this spring.
Side note about WOs:

I could see Jahkai Gill and Hayden Jordan at WOs that might move ahead of some scholarship guys at the WR position this spring. Both were really nifty WRs in HS.

I could also see WO Jaylen Jones in the secondary perhaps getting in the mix at safety. He had a scholarship offer to Air Force, attended there for part of a season.

There were a handful of other RSs that didn’t seem to be reflected - Winston Jules for one.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It might be my crossover to middle age, but I really don't get the "tough guy in the picture" persona. Yes, it's football, but you're a 176 pound, 17 year old wide receiver. Save the chip for the field. It's okay to enjoy the experience because you've never experienced it before and most likely won't again.

That said, Alexander Wyant has become my favorite freshman.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It might be my crossover to middle age, but I really don't get the "tough guy in the picture" persona. Yes, it's football, but you're a 176 pound, 17 year old wide receiver. Save the chip for the field. It's okay to enjoy the experience because you've never experienced it before and most likely won't again.

That said, Alexander Wyant has become my favorite freshman.
Alfred Chea looks like he has a smile also.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My quick list of Redshirt Freshman going into 2020 is as follows - let me know if you have any questions/comments. These are guys that appeared in four or fewer games in their freshman season.

-Kevens Clercius - WR
-Russell Dixon - TE
-Chase Lundt - OT
-Rayonte Brown - OT
-Justin Moore - DL
-Dalmonte Gourdine - DL
-Winston Jules - Corner
-Malik Dixon - S

Reaction Score
It really is amazing that there are mistakes on the roster EVERY time they post one. I know I'm sounding like a grumpy old man, but if I was responsible for this I would require someone else proofread before releasing. This kind of sloppiness is one of my pet peeves.

Reaction Score
This is typical for the roster update for us at this time of year.. They simply move up the calendar. If there are position changes/updates/weight changes we won't see that til later... Unfortunately, all that stuff won't happen for another 7 months... once next season starts...

Reaction Score
This is typical for the roster update for us at this time of year.. They simply move up the calendar. If there are position changes/updates/weight changes we won't see that til later... Unfortunately, all that stuff won't happen for another 7 months... once next season starts...

your assumption that they eventually get this right seems to be lacking evidentiary support.

the real problem is that for a program in free fall, they rarely exhibit either a sense of professionalism or care for their clientele. They’re like TSA.

and the roster/depth chart will never be done with us in mind under HCRE, because he treats it like a state secret. I am firmly in the camp of not changing coaches yet, but his utter disregard for fan engagement is beyond frustrating.

Reaction Score
Maybe, just maybe we'll have a real depth chart this year... We've lacked depth/experience at key spots.. Looks like we've addressed enough to have a legit depth chart now.. No?

Reaction Score
Goodness they look like a bunch that just got told they have to clean the sh&$ters at the rent after games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Goodness they look like a bunch that just got told they have to clean the sh&$ters at the rent after games.
without realizing that, judging by butts on benches, most of them go unused.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
just an observation; now that the 20 new kids have signed and been given their jersey number we can see which jersey numbers remain available.

5 scholarship slots remaining and 5 eligible receiver jersey numbers remaining:

available;

there are several ineligible receiver jerseys available in 50-79.

And of course they could opt to double up some of these kids with WO jerseys.

Reaction Score
just an observation; now that the 20 new kids have signed and been given their jersey number we can see which jersey numbers remain available.

5 scholarship slots remaining and 5 eligible receiver jersey numbers remaining:

available;

there are several ineligible receiver jerseys available in 50-79.

And of course they could opt to double up some of these kids with WO jerseys.
You have too much time on your hands to come up with this lol. But thank you for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom