2020 College Football Hot Seat Rankings: Evaluating job security of all 130 FBS coaches | The Boneyard

2020 College Football Hot Seat Rankings: Evaluating job security of all 130 FBS coaches

Reaction Score
Edsall is in good company in the "win or get fired" category (Frost, Kelly, Helton, Dimmel and Mason).

Reaction Score
For those who don’t know UConn or like HCRE, I think absent a change at AD and some serious donor bucks, we are going to see this thru with him until at least ‘23.

thinking otherwise is just silly, IMHO.

Reaction Score
Putting Edsall in the hottest category (win or else) shows a fundamental lack of understanding of UConn, it's financial situation and the challenges in rebuilding the program. Randy has to show movement, but he's more in the 4 (Start improving now) or even 3 (pressure is mounting) due to the financial squeeze. If we were having a full season I think he'd need to show at least 4 wins, at most 5, to be safe. Given the schedule I think a bowl season was possible but unlikely this season. Next season, however, is the last on his contract. It would be hard to see him getting away with less than bowl eligible in his 5th season.

Reaction Score
I dont think theyres any chance he gets fired after this year, considering the 2021 class we got coming in.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the Dazzler (CSU) and Drinkwitz (Mizzou) haven't coached a game yet and already are 3's. Tough crowd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Edsall is in good company in the "win or get fired" category (Frost, Kelly, Helton, Dimmel and Mason).

Geez how can Frost be on the hot seat? Seems like he just got there. Nobody has any patience.

Reaction Score
Win the winnable games this year, keep the recruiting momentum going next cycle and we might have something here.
For sure, I think next season is gonna be relatively exciting. I just hope our QBs can gain some IQ in the offseason. Too many cross body picks last year.

Reaction Score
I dont think theyres any chance he gets fired after this year, considering the 2021 class we got coming in.

Eh. I think it has more to do with the fact that Randy is willing to work for peanuts in a time of great financial strain, as well as the knowledge that he runs a relatively problem free program.

The players and coaches under him typically stay out of trouble and off the media’s radar. That is reassuring from a PR perspective to an AD in the highly politicized climate we all live/work in right now.

Not a lot of coaches are lining up for low pay and ??? with scheduling and fan/donor support. That said it would be foolish to not at least start compiling a list of potential candidates should the season take place and Randy fall on his face. I’ve come around on giving Randy a longer leash considering the program’s issues, however that leash can’t be a mile long.

Reaction Score
It needs to be long enough that we let some of these better players get on the field though. I think he’s got two more seasons guaranteed given the current climate.

Reaction Score
Should have been fired after the season, we need to be resigned to the fact he is sticking around for at least another 2 years because I don’t think there will be a season.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Geez how can Frost be on the hot seat? Seems like he just got there. Nobody has any patience.
He’s not. That article is full of crap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom