2020-21 Overseas Play | The Boneyard

2020-21 Overseas Play

Reaction Score
Batouly Camara played her first professional game today:

You can follow her stats all season long at this link:

They were quite fortunate to play as three of the eight opening weekend games in Spain have been postponed already due to positive virus tests. It is quite a young team as she is one of eight players who played in college last season.

For those looking for more general coverage of overseas leagues, I also write for womensbasketball247.com which is an ad-free site that covers major leagues and national team play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Batouly Camara played her first professional game today:

You can follow her stats all season long at this link:

They were quite fortunate to play as three of the eight opening weekend games in Spain have been postponed already due to positive virus tests. It is quite a young team as she is one of eight players who played in college last season.

For those looking for more general coverage of overseas leagues, I also write for womensbasketball247.com which is an ad-free site that covers major leagues and national team play.

In the loss, Batouly seemed to do well. 14 pts (6-10) and 6 Rebounds (5 offensive)

Reaction Score
Gabby and Megan started their season with Sopron in Hungary:

Gabby stats:

Megan stats:

Barbara Turner had an exciting start to her season with Cankaya University in Turkey:

Remember that she is listed as Bahar Ozturk. It looks like stats have not started populating yet, but they will here:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabrielle Lisa Williams. Do I know that name? Oh, it's Gabulous! :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Megan seemed to have a significantly better game than Gabby

Reaction Score
Change of plans for Evelyn, who is now playing for Alcobendas in Spain's second division. Her first game was today:

Her stats can be found here:

Meanwhile in Hungary, Gabby and Megan had their game postponed today as their opponents from Wednesday had multiple positive tests. Iceland started a two week shutdown of their leagues a few days ago and the Czech Republic will start theirs on Monday.

Reaction Score
Kyla made her professional debut today in the German Cup in a 101-61 win over a team from the second division in Germany. Boxscores are usually not available for these games so any reporting from the team is pretty much all that is available. It sounds like she led them with 10 points in the second quarter.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Lou is playing very well for Perfumerias Avenida in Spain. Yesterday, October 16, she had 23 points in 20 minutes and is scoring in a variety of ways. She is playing much more physically than ever and is finishing through contact down low and on offensive rebounds. Also running the floor well and looking aggressively for her shot. She looks very healthy and I think this season will help her scorer’s mentality.

The canalfeb website broadcasts many games including Avenida. The Avenida twitter feed is informative as is the eurobasket website.

They have her averaging a little over 16 points per game with a high shooting percentage. I am pretty certain though that they mixed Lou and Karlie up in one game and switched their stats, and that Lou is actually averaging more like 18. They are undefeated and winning games easily, so her minutes are about 20-24 on average. Good team - the Samuelsons, Tiffany Hayes, Maite Cazorla from Oregon, and a number of solid experienced European players. Good size.

Reaction Score
For those wondering, Natalie Butler is playing in Greece with PAS Giannina this season:

Here is her stats page, which presumably gets updated at some point:

Does anyone know whether Napheesa is in Hatay right now? Their game today and the two scheduled for the upcoming week have been postponed due to virus cases within the club.

Gabby and Megan had yesterday's game postponed due to positive tests for both teams.

Reaction Score
With Europe experiencing a resurgence of the Corona Virus, these cancellations may become more frequent.

Reaction Score
For those wondering, Natalie Butler is playing in Greece with PAS Giannina this season:

Here is her stats page, which presumably gets updated at some point:

Does anyone know whether Napheesa is in Hatay right now? Their game today and the two scheduled for the upcoming week have been postponed due to virus cases within the club.

Gabby and Megan had yesterday's game postponed due to positive tests for both teams.
Coming out of lurkdom for my 1st post. I have been UCONN fan since the Maya era.

With regards to Napheesa, she is not in Turkey. The Winsidr page on Twitter changed her overseas status to unsigned.

Reaction Score
It's the first day of the season and I already greatly resent the German League and its poorly updated website. Hopefully they get stats up tomorrow.

Heidelberg did post a less than clear boxscore:

They also posted a video of Kyla scoring the first points of their league season:
Kyla Irwin markiert die ersten beiden Punkte der Saison

Stefanie Dolson will not play for Schio and the team has already filled the vacant spot with Natalie Achonwa.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
It's the first day of the season and I already greatly resent the German League and its poorly updated website. Hopefully they get stats up tomorrow.

I find the eurobasket.com website to be very helpful. There is usually a day or so between when the game is played and when the stats go up, but they are a good source for rosters, results, box scores, scoring averages, etc. They do have the stats for Kyla`s first game up. She scored 8 in a lopsided loss and had a surprisingly tough night from three, going 0-10.

From my limited perusing, the team websites are not all that helpful. For example, the ones I have seen don`t include stats at all. Different perspectives of what is important I guess. Twitter feeds can be good and sometimes track in game progress. And canalfeb broadcasts a lot of games.

Lou had 18 and Tiffany Hayes 15 in a tough 63-58 win yesterday for Perfumerias Avenida, who remains undefeated at 6-0 in Spain. Lou also jumps center, leads the team with 17.8 ppg and also leads the team in rebounds at 6.4. Hit two huge threes down the stretch to seal the victory. Arica Carter from Louisville played for the other team.

Reaction Score

Heidelberg did post a less than clear boxscore:

They also posted a video of Kyla scoring the first points of their league season:
Kyla Irwin markiert die ersten beiden Punkte der Saison

Stefanie Dolson will not play for Schio and the team has already filled the vacant spot with Natalie Achonwa.

Do you know why Dolson isn’t playing? She got on a plane to go to italy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom