2020-21 midseason transfer thread | The Boneyard

2020-21 midseason transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As the transfer news slows to a trickle during the season, I thought it might be reasonable to start a single "midseason" transfer thread that stands a good chance of lasting the rest of the season without growing too lengthy.

The predecessor transfer thread (from November 2020) may be viewed here.

== == ==

I'd like to split the table into two: one for (the few) reported portal entrants who have yet to announce a destination, and another for the transfers who may still be awaiting word on their waiver request from the NCAA.

The status of waiver requests can be uncertain, and in some cases I'm not sure whether a waiver was even requested in the first place. So please post any relevant info you may have.

Destination announcements still pending:

PlayerClass, stats
^ grad transfer
Departing fromNew school
Tyeshia BowersSr., 5'7" guardChicago State
Loretta KakalaRS Soph., 6'2" centerPacific
Carlie Littlefield^ Sr., 5'9" guardPrinceton
Eleah ParkerSr., 6'4" centerPenn

Waiver requests still pending? (please comment below with any relevant info):

PlayerClass, statsFormer schoolNew school
Azana BainesSoph., 6'1" guardDukeVirginia Tech
Brylee BartramSoph., 5'8" guardFloridaVanderbilt
Sara BejediSoph., 5'7" guardArizona StateFlorida State
Niya BeverleySr., 5'7" guardWisconsinPenn State
Milan Bolden-MorrisSr., 5'10" guardBoston CollegeGeorgetown
Eve BraslisJr., 6'1" forwardUtah ValleyPepperdine
Nicole Cardaño-HillarySr., 5'7" guardGeorge MasonIndiana
Jasmine CarsonJr., 5'10" guardGeorgia TechWest Virginia
Emma ClarkeJr., 6'1" guardColoradoTexas Tech
London ClarksonSoph., 6'2" forwardFlorida StateVirginia
Lucy CochraneSoph., 6'5" forwardOregonPortland
Janai CroomsJr., 5'10" guardOhio StateMichigan State
Maori DavenportSoph., 6'4" centerRutgersGeorgia
Shanaijah DavisonSr., 5'6" guardLong Beach StateDixie State
Rokia DoumbiaJr., 5'9" guardArkansasPurdue
Lauren EboJr., 6'4" forwardPenn StateTexas
Karla ErjavecJr., 5'10" guardWyomingMiami (FL)
Tajah Foster-WalkerSoph., 6'2" forwardUMKCMiami (OH)
Steph GormanJr., 6'0" guardUtah StateSan Diego
Zaay GreenRS Soph., 6'0" guardTennesseeTexas A&M
Jada HollandSoph., 5'5" guardGrand CanyonUC Riverside
Tori HydukeRS Soph., 5'6" guardGeorge WashingtonDrexel
Ashley JonesRS Jr., 5'7" guardTempleMississippi State
Imani LacyJr., 6'1" forwardNevadaLong Beach State
Kamryn LemonJr., 5'8" guardOklahomaLong Beach State
Akira LevyRS Soph., 5'8" guardVanderbiltCincinnati
Alexis MorrisRS Jr., 5'6" guardRutgersTexas A&M
Gabby NikitinaiteSr., 5'11" guardNorthern IllinoisGeorge Washington
Ryann PayneJr., 5'6" guardTCULSU
Danielle SanderlinSr., 6'0" forwardCanisiusUMass
Alisia SmithSr., 6'3" forwardPenn StateMichigan State
Taylor SuttonJr., 5'4" guardMiddle TennesseeAlabama
Tereza VitulováJr., 6'2" centerWyomingSouth Florida
Shemera WilliamsSoph., 5'8" guardVirginiaSouthern Cal
Jazmine YoungJr., 5'8" guardTennessee StateBuffalo

A couple of transfer tidbits I uncovered in my quick-and-dirty research for this list:
  • What happened to Emma Clarke? She's not listed on the Texas Tech roster. She transferred from Colorado in April, but then of course Tech had the coaching change midsummer. Did she return to Australia?

• Jayla Alexander, who had transferred from Ole Miss to Georgetown, has now detoured to a two-year school, Jones College.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The transfer of Ashley Jones from Temple to Mississippi State is now official. She will sit the remainder of this season. However it leaves it a little open as to when she will be eligible this coming season. Logically you would think it would be after the fall semester. Regardless, solid addition.

Reaction Score
Jayla Alexander is an interesting case. She was a lightly offered in state product until a great senior year got her on Coach Yo's radar. She played well considering how poor the team was and figured to significantly contribute to the roster again but announced she was heading to Georgetown. That alone seemed like an odd move because while i know nothing about the young lady, Georgetown is a tough school academically and a major step up from Ole Miss while not exactly being known for a successful women's program.

Jones is a two year college in Mississippi that has been successful on a state and national level the past decade or so. I'm sure she will be a contributor.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
There has been some speculation about Littlefield finishing out her career at Stanford. We'll have one extra spot, we'll be eager for extra help at the 1 next season assuming Williams tries to go pro, and the Princeton credentials make her the extremely rare plausible grad transfer. My head still spins trying to figure out eligibility between covid and transfers, but I think she'd have two seasons of eligibility on the Farm.

Plebe

Reaction Score
My head still spins trying to figure out eligibility between covid and transfers, but I think she'd have two seasons of eligibility on the Farm.
Should be just one season. She played 3 full seasons from 2017 to 2020. She won’t get the of this year’s freebie season if she isn’t playin it.

Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey will be all over that grad transfer portal when this season is over. She needs to bring in some more shooters. Daniels from Penn St should be a good one next year for them but will be coming off an ACL injury.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Should be just one season. She played 3 full seasons from 2017 to 2020. She won’t get the of this year’s freebie season if she isn’t playin it.
I thought they got an extra season because the Ivy cancelled their season altogether, so she wasn't able to play this season and collect a freebie season next year? That seems to be the impression the Stanford folks are under, though they (and I) could be wrong?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I thought they got an extra season because the Ivy cancelled their season altogether, so she wasn't able to play this season and collect a freebie season next year? That seems to be the impression the Stanford folks are under, though they (and I) could be wrong?
Ha well that makes no sense to me. The freebie season is supposed to account for the uncertainty and chaos of this season, which would include cancellations affecting an entire school or conference schedule.

I haven’t heard of it being “transferable” to other seasons — but sure why not. I mean let’s just continue the transition to perpetual unrestricted eligibility at this point. Might as well. I’m sure Skylar Diggins would much rather keep playing at Notre Dame if she could:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I too have no clue how the NCAA is going to manage this extra year everyone seems to get, whether it's from sitting out for Covid, redshirting for injury, season cancellation, etc. At first I wasn't crazy about. the idea but maybe it has some merit because this year has been organized chaos so far and figures to get worse before it gets better.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

Pretty much predictable after the news of her redshirting came out. :rolleyes:

No surprise with this one. It's getting really competitive there and lots of high recruits aren't pulling more than 15 minutes and 5 points per game. Van Lith and Cochran has supplanted people who've been there longer.

Reaction Score
No surprise with this one. It's getting really competitive there and lots of high recruits aren't pulling more than 15 minutes and 5 points per game. Van Lith and Cochran has supplanted people who've been there longer.

I agree - no surprise. With her it's not so much Van Lith and Cochran as it is KIanna Smith and Norika Konno. Also, the emergence of Cochran and the improvement of Dixon have relegated Ramani Parker to mop-up minutes. She may be next.

It's a shame that Green and Parker both redshirted last season only to be bypassed. But that's what happens at top programs.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Green finds a spot at a program where she can be a focal contributor.

Although I have been nothing but impressed by Cochran early on, I’m still not sold on Louisville’s frontcourt against the elite teams of the nation. However, I think the Evans/Van Lith/Smith backcourt is as good as any other in the nation. L’ville could be a final four favorite if that trio continues to produce.

Reaction Score
Just curious. What other women's programs redshirt non-medical top talent? It happens all the time on the men's side. I just can't think of any programs, other than Louisville, that do in the women's game.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
That makes three (all) recruits from Texas who just didn't pan out (for one reason or another) at Louisville.

I think Green redshirting her first season was a good thing; a coach/player don't agree on such a thing unless there are some obvious reasons for it. Saved her a year of eligibility if she ends up needing it at her next destination.

Reaction Score
Just curious. What other women's programs redshirt non-medical top talent? It happens all the time on the men's side. I just can't think of any programs, other than Louisville, that do in the women's game.
I always thought Green Bay did it somewhat religiously. They don't seem quite as prominent as they were a few years ago, but I think their coach used the redshirt a lot.

I'll be interested to see where Green ends up. Ole Miss would not be a surprise, neither would any of the Texas schools.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Alexis Morris is playing for A&M
I just looked up her stats as her road to stardom since Baylor certainly has not materialized. She played very little for Rutgers and now at TAM she’s played 4 of 7 And she is 8th in average minutes played at just over 10 min per. Seems awfully light for someone many of thought would be a force. Anyone have an idea on what her real skill set is? Has she been derailed by injury, is she really not as good as she looked her freshman year at Baylor or something else?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I always thought Green Bay did it somewhat religiously. They don't seem quite as prominent as they were a few years ago, but I think their coach used the redshirt a lot.

I'll be interested to see where Green ends up. Ole Miss would not be a surprise, neither would any of the Texas schools.
Funny you mention Ole Miss. Nyah started following Coach Yo on Instagram, and vice verse.

Coaches from TCU, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Rutgers, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Indiana were among those who started following her on Twitter

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just looked up her stats as her road to stardom since Baylor certainly has not materialized. She played very little for Rutgers and now at TAM she’s played 4 of 7 And she is 8th in average minutes played at just over 10 min per. Seems awfully light for someone many of thought would be a force. Anyone have an idea on what her real skill set is? Has she been derailed by injury, is she really not as good as she looked her freshman year at Baylor or something else?
She looked good in A&Ms most recent outing it seems Blair is trying to slowly bring her along with minutes increasing.

Reaction Score

Were you referring to her time at Rutgers or both of her previous schools? I thought I read something about disciplinary issues at Baylor. Rutgers may have been injuries, but recollection is foggy.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, with Nyah Green currently being a redshirt freshman, and this season not counting towards anyone's eligibility, she will be eligible to play at her new school no later than mid-December 2021 and will still be classified as a redshirt freshman with 4 years of eligibility remaining. Not a bad deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom