2019 USA U19 worlds | The Boneyard

2019 USA U19 worlds

Reaction Score
It hit me today that there is a very real possibility that Williams and Bueckers will play together this summer. A year and a half wait just turned into about 3 months. :)
With ONO.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I get a good vibe with Aubrey.

I know, that and a nickel will get us a cup of coffee (many years ago), but she seems like a good one. I hope she really thrives at UConn.

Reaction Score
Maybe the fact that her father has been involved in basketball as a player and now as a coach will help prepare her mentally better than most.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Maybe the fact that her father has been involved in basketball as a player and now as a coach will help prepare her mentally better than most.
Adrian Griffin is the absolute definition of a survivor in the NBA. An undrafted free agent out of Seton Hall in 1996, he banged around the Continental League, D-League and overseas with 4 different teams until he landed on an NBA roster with the Celtics in 1999. Subsequently, he made 7 different stops during his 9 year NBA playing career. After his playing days were over in 2008, he began a second journey as an assistant coach that has included 5 stops in 10 years.

Given his basketball Odyssey, there has to be a ton of basketball knowledge in Mr. Griffin's head. I'm sure he's imparted a great deal of wisdom to his daughter. Can't wait to see her play for UConn.

Reaction Score
Adrian Griffin is the absolute definition of a survivor in the NBA. An undrafted free agent out of Seton Hall in 1996, he banged around the Continental League, D-League and overseas with 4 different teams until he landed on an NBA roster with the Celtics in 1999. Subsequently, he made 7 different stops during his 9 year NBA playing career. After his playing days were over in 2008, he began a second journey as an assistant coach that has included 5 stops in 10 years.

Given his basketball Odyssey, there has to be a ton of basketball knowledge in Mr. Griffin's head. I'm sure he's imparted a great deal of wisdom to his daughter. Can't wait to see her play for UConn.
After seeing your scouting reports on her and after receiving his expert tutelage I'm wondering how she'd be having an issue with inconsistent effort.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After seeing your scouting reports on her and after receiving his expert tutelage I'm wondering how she'd be having an issue with inconsistent effort.
Somewhere in my scouting reports I did indicate that sometimes Aubrey just doesn't run back on defense. If she doesn't hustle at UConn, she will never see the floor. Fortunately, I do believe that issue will be resolved within the first 15 minutes of Aubrey's first practice at UConn by a short Italian guy.....;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This will be Aubrey 2nd USA basketball tryouts. She had an outstanding showing last summer and was among the last 4 cuts.

Reaction Score
Somewhere in my scouting reports I did indicate that sometimes Aubrey just doesn't run back on defense. If she doesn't hustle at UConn, she will never see the floor. Fortunately, I do believe that issue will be resolved within the first 15 minutes of Aubrey's first practice at UConn by a short Italian guy.....;)
Agreed. Makes me wonder why her HS coach didn't resolve it during her first week on his varsity team. Sitting on the side watching other kids play does wonders for that affliction. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agreed. Makes me wonder why her HS coach didn't resolve it during her first week on his varsity team. Sitting on the side watching other kids play does wonders for that affliction. ;)
Some coaches allow their superstars to get away with that stuff. I've been watching Chennedy Carter loaf back on defense for two seasons at TX A&M, and she's playing for a coach that won a national championship. Go figure....

Reaction Score

She may just be reluctant. I remember reading that despite making it to the last cut at the U18's she was told by coaches there that she needed to shoot more when she had a shot.
Also, I remember that her coach Ricci kept Chong out of foul trouble by putting her away from the play on defense. In the few games I saw her play Chong often looked lazy on defense but she WAS the offense along with AEH's corner bombs. Griffin was needed on defense for her rebounding and shot blocking so her apparent inconsistency may just be her following the coach's orders to stay out of fouling situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom