2019 UConn Football Captains (Eli Thomas, Matt Peart and Luke Magliozzi) | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Football Captains (Eli Thomas, Matt Peart and Luke Magliozzi)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does this mean Eli Thomas will be playing again? If so, that's pretty amazing.
Word I am hearing is that he has been cleared for full participation. I think happened very recently, because I don't think he had full status during any part of spring ball.

It will be an amazing story when he gets on the field this season. Realistically I dont think his return really changes our chances this fall. That said, he has potential just based on his shear athletic ability (pre stroke) which seemed a bit greater than others on the roster at his position. Hopefully Spanos can get more out of his potential than Crocker managed to get.

Eli appeared in three games last year:
Eli Thomas 2018 Game Log | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yeah- now hearing he’s cleared for lifting and non contact practice.

He was spotted in one of Matt King's weight room videos last week, which was an awesome surprise. Glad to see that Eli should get back on the field. What a story...

Reaction Score
Congrats to this group of young men. This year's motto. "The Voyage Home."

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I thought it was Eli wearing #22 at the event but did not approach him to see if it was him. Bad on me. Peart was very vocal during the event and you could tell he is one of the leaders. RE told us(reminded us) that our punter Magliozzi is older and was a plumber in Australia. He is very mature and seen things these guys haven't heard of. From a character standpoint, very good choices by RE.

Reaction Score
Eli spoke at the event Saturday, described the feeling when he got his stroke, discussed his treatment regimen, his being inspired by a continuing relationship with Tedy Bruschi and praised Randy Edsall for all his support. He spoke about training and expecting to be cleared to play again (similar to Bruschi). Edsall called on him several times to speak to all of us in attendance and he did a great job.
Peart is a natural leader. All the O line guys are super positive about the new strength coach and Giufre becoming the OC and can’t wait to get out there this fall.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Great guy, and his struggles put things in perspective. All the years of losing the football program has endured mean nothing compared to the spirit and will to persevere of this young man. We've had no better representative of our university. Best wishes to him, and here's hoping he can safely get back on the gridiron this fall. If not, good luck and success to him in whatever path his life takes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom