2019 UConn Commit - Darrin (DJ) Smith (Frisco Texas) - Decommitted 6/17/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Commit - Darrin (DJ) Smith (Frisco Texas) - Decommitted 6/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are right, better players don’t have anything to do with better football.:rolleyes:

It’s the age old argument on here. You will never convince me that some fat slob looking at highlight tapes can accurately rank thousands of kids. It’s laugh out loud funny that these services people into subscriptions for this nonsense.

Look at their offer lists. Diaco was recruiting against FCS programs and low and behold we struggled to beat FCS programs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It’s the age old argument on here. You will never convince me that some fat slob looking at highlight tapes can accurately rank thousands of kids. It’s laugh out loud funny that these services people into subscriptions for this nonsense.

Look at their offer lists. Diaco was recruiting against FCS programs and low and behold we struggled to beat FCS programs.

Bro, you post the same comment about recruiting services every 4 months. I’m not going to bother responding with the same old explanation every time. Most of the boneyard is keenly aware of the all the dirty little realities of the recruiting service game in scoring kids. Flawed as it all maybe, it’s still okay to talk about these sites and the results. As a slob (but not fat) I watched a ton of tape the last three years and DJ stands out vs others. I didn’t need Mike Farrell to tell me that, but it’s still interesting to see what they score the kids anyway. It’s always taken with a grain of salt....never taken as fact or perfect science. Maybe we could help you by finding a way to put a post block when scout, rivals or 247 is mentioned in the post.:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bro, you post the same comment about recruiting services every 4 months. I’m not going to bother responding with the same old explanation every time. Most of the boneyard is keenly aware of the all the dirty little realities of the recruiting service game in scoring kids. Flawed as it all maybe, it’s still okay to talk about these sites and the results. As a slob (but not fat) I watched a ton of tape the last three years and DJ stands out vs others. I didn’t need Mike Farrell to tell me that, but it’s still interesting to see what they score the kids anyway. It’s always taken with a grain of salt....never taken as fact or perfect science. Maybe we could help you by finding a way to put a post block when scout, rivals or 247 is mentioned in the post.:confused:

Yes I recall you gushing over Diaco recruits who clearly can’t play at this level for the past 3 years. So excuse me if I don’t take any of this seriously and occasionally pointout how silly this is.

Reaction Score
Edsall v1 built a nice program recruiting lightly recruited athletes, liberal use of the red shirt and exceptional development especially with S&C. His teams were athletic and physical, if lacking in overall talent at the offensive skilled positions.

We competed at a very high level with that approach and never recruited well according to the recruiting sites. Yet, we competed for Big East championships and took on programs like S. Carolina and ND, to say nothing of making it to the Fiesta. We fed a steady stream into the NFL.

I don’t think the recruiting sites tell all that much about recruiting for a program like UCONN, or for about 80 to 100 other programs to some degree. I’m looking forward to putting athletic and competitive teams back on the field. If the recruiting sites rate high, that’s great, but I believe what I see on the field a hell of a lot more than what those sites tell me. Putting the pads on and banging at this level is a whole different ball game than HS ball or running throw and catch pass routes.

Reaction Score
I will never understand the amount of committing and decommiting that happens in college football

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hello CJ Holmes, you want the RB position in 2019?

DJ is an emotional roller coaster. Better now than in December.

So what’s in deck for RB next?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just dawned on me that Devaun Ford could be next man up. Masphee MA RB has been on campus before. I am sure there are others, just one name to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not a fan of kids like this. Later, and not wished you the best of luck

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How can he decommit when just a week ago he was claiming what jersey number he was gonna wear for us lol. Kids are bizarre

Reaction Score
Seems to me the decision was quick to decommit with not much thought.. maybe he got ticked off by something said on Twitter? How could he be so passionate one day and wanting to make a difference in 19.. support all the new recruits and then this am wake up and just Decommit?

Reaction Score
Seems to me the decision was quick to decommit with not much thought.. maybe he got ticked off by something said on Twitter? How could he be so passionate one day and wanting to make a difference in 19.. support all the new recruits and then this am wake up and just Decommit?
it happens all the time and it's really odd

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it happens all the time and it's really odd

It’s not odd at all. It’s perfectly rational. You put a stake in the ground and then if you get a better offer you pull the stake out and put it in the new ground.

Have you people never had jobs?

You show up and do your best and then someone offers a better life and you leave the same day.

Nobody says - gee why was he trying to make things better while he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom