2019 UConn Commit - Darrin (DJ) Smith (Frisco Texas) - Decommitted 6/17/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Commit - Darrin (DJ) Smith (Frisco Texas) - Decommitted 6/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"Smith admitted that he would take a look at other programs that could potentially offer him a similar situation to what he feels awaits him at UConn..."

This quote from the Rivals Texas article makes me nervous.

Yep. Lets just enjoy this for now. It’s a long way to Dec signing day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Smith admitted that he would take a look at other programs that could potentially offer him a similar situation to what he feels awaits him at UConn..."

This quote from the Rivals Texas article makes me nervous.

The more talented the commit the more the risk... not a dang thing you can do about it as a staff other than to continue to show the love.

Reaction Score
Such a solid add by RE 2.0 and company! The kid has character and leadership qualities in addition to his talent! It does sound like he's leaving himself an out, but I'm thinking that's just in case the staff and DJ can't use his commitment as a springboard to luring some additional high quality recruits... which I think they will!

I love that he's already thinking of himself as a key player in the revival of UConn football! Guys who look at the history of a program, from the perspective of the future, and see themselves as instrumental in it's transformation, are usually program changers! That's exciting! Welcome aboard DJ! ;)

Reaction Score
The more talented the commit the more the risk... not a dang thing you can do about it as a staff other than to continue to show the love.
Absolutely Medic. I’m sure they will experience angst for the next year but all they can do is continue to demonstrate the commitment to getting the program back to respectability. What won’t change is his opportunity to play early and like he said, shock the world. Hopefully he sticks with that mindset.

Reaction Score
Currently the #77 recruiting class in the country off of 1 guy...247 isn't counting both commits right now. I like this current snapshot in time.

RE 2.0 can only go up from here!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Currently the #77 recruiting class in the country off of 1 guy...247 isn't counting both commits right now. I like this current snapshot in time.

RE 2.0 can only go up from here!

And our second recruit (not sure what he'll be rated out of JUCO) was a very highly rated 3 star in HS. If he stays similarly rated, our class will be off to an awesome start.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And our second recruit (not sure what he'll be rated out of JUCO) was a very highly rated 3 star in HS. If he stays similarly rated, our class will be off to an awesome start.

We are now ranked 58th on rivals thanks to Harris and Smith.

And no need to tell me about how it has limited relevance or point out again that Farrell is a crook.

Reaction Score
We are now ranked 58th on rivals thanks to Harris and Smith.

And no need to tell me about how it has limited relevance or point out again that Farrell is a crook.

Can we not be Rutgers?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who cares? For years RU celebrated recruiting championships.

Better than Adminstrative National Championships.

This stuff is so much better than what Diaco was doing I don’t even care. Diaco would have lost a kid to Nebraska-Omaha.

Reaction Score
What was/is Dillon Harris' rating?
just under 1500

upload_2018-5-11_18-56-56.png

Reaction Score
Like that he is trying to recruit other players. Let’s get some momentum going on the recruiting trail. I think he has a better chance to keep his commitment if the staff can get some good prospects around him.

Double BINGO here on both points. Love the fact he liked his visit here, along with my welcome to Darrin I say "come again and bring a friend". :D
Not one to usually buy into video highlights as they are often just a player dominating against lesser talent. Having said that we're talking Texas here.

His lateral movement is money, his ability to not hang around waiting for a block / spotting daylight quickly the same. His ability to pancake a linebacker for a teammate is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom