2019 UConn Commit #16 - Mike Beaudry (Grad Transfer) - Oviedo Florida | The Boneyard

2019 UConn Commit #16 - Mike Beaudry (Grad Transfer) - Oviedo Florida

Reaction Score
Meet the Argonauts ... Huskies' new QB: Michael Beaudry

"When Beaudry, a redshirt sophomore, got around to checking his phone, he had a message from a Louisiana area code. When he hit play, the voice of Archie Manning greeted him. “He left me a voicemail, and I listened to it and I went like ‘Whoa, let me call you back real quick,’” Beaudry said. “It was unbelievable.” Manning had called to offer Beaudry a spot as a counselor at the 2018 Manning Passing Academy in late June at the Nicholls State campus in Thibodaux, Louisiana.

Beaudry would join college stars such as Washington’s Jake Browning, Alabama’s Jalen Hurts and Auburn’s Jarrett Stidham in helping more than 1,200 high school players hone their skills. As a counselor, he would also get the opportunity to learn learn from pros, former greats and his peers.

“Just to be with them, to see them and see that they’re just normal people that work extremely hard and they’re just really good at what they do, it makes you realize that I’m nothing different and that I can definitely be that, also,” Beaudry said. “It was valuable stuff. Lots of information to take away.”

Rubbing elbows with pros and other college greats is just one of the perks that comes with leading one of the most successful Division II programs in the country, Beaudry guiding the Argonauts to a 10-4 record in 2017 with an appearance in the national championship game. He completed 55 percent of his passes a year ago for 3,215 yards and 29 touchdowns against 13 interceptions, earning Gulf South Conference Offensive Freshman of the Year honors.

The Manning Passing Academy gave him the opportunity to show doubters across the country that the 6-foot-5, 245-pound signal-caller’s season was no fluke. “It was cool to be there with those guys because they have all the people following them and stuff, and then it’s just kinda me, but it was cool,” Beaudry said. “When we’re out there throwing, I want to be better than they are. That’s just the natural competitor.

It’s definitely a little chip on your shoulder, but at the same time it was awesome to be recognized as a top Division II guy to be invited.

You win the lottery. What’s the first thing you buy?

I’m gonna buy a house for my parents up in the mountains ’cause I love the mountains. I’ve been asking them to mover there forever, man, ‘cause we live in Orlando and that’s a big city and I’m more of (an) out-of-the-way kinda guy, so I’m beggin’ ’em to move out there."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From some source I read, Beaudry was recently targeted by some other BCS school(s).

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
From Chin Diesel's linked article:

"According to Beaudry’s Twitter account, he’ll have two more years of eligibility with the Huskies."
As a one year patch, I was okay with him but for two years, I'm a lot more excited. The kid can really sling it and his ability and IQ throwing it when the pocket breaks down is terrific.

Reaction Score
A piece of trivia...Mike Beaudry was the first official signee in University of West Florida history.
Is he also the first transfer? Guess he couldn't turn down an offer to move up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think he was moving on one way or another and UConn fit the bill completely with a senior quarterback graduating and the spot being open.

Welcome to Storrs, Mike

Reaction Score
Is he also the first transfer? Guess he couldn't turn down an offer to move up.

I'd bet he's the first transfer...UWF is my hometown school.

I electronically subscribe to the newspaper. Followed the Argonauts through sports section.

Beaudry has had some hard luck...he missed 2016 with preseason injury...got the Argonauts to the Div II Championship game in 2017, played one game in 2018 (injury).

Reaction Score
I'd bet he's the first transfer...UWF is my hometown school.

I electronically subscribe to the newspaper. Followed the Argonauts through sports section.

Beaudry has had some hard luck...he missed 2016 with preseason injury...got the Argonauts to the Div II Championship game in 2017, played one game in 2018 (injury).

Is it possible he could apply for even another year given he’s really only had one healthy season? Or does that only count for someone who has been in FBS all this time?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I like the quick release. Ball gets to the receiver in a hurry. These tapes show the ability to throw on target and hitting receivers in stride. He does force the ball and looks like he has to square up to throw. Classic drop back passer. Hopefully he has developed sitting out a year. Wasn't initially impressed- after watching the tapes I am now.

Reaction Score
Wasn't initially impressed- after watching the tapes I am now.
I agree. Nobody is going to be blown away by a DII QB signing, but he looks like he could at least be an improvement over the QB transferring out. I think it's a net positive in improving the roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom