2019 Regional Dates and Times are Set | The Boneyard

2019 Regional Dates and Times are Set

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Albany and Portland get the Friday evening, Sunday Afternoon slots.

Greensboro and Chicago get the Saturday afternoon, Monday night slots. March 30, and April 1...... 11:30am and 1:30pm tip-offs in Greensboro.

A few personal thoughts...... Initially I was hoping for a repeat of the 2015 Friday-Sunday slot for Greensboro..... but I remember leaving the Coliseum at around 12:20 in the morning and having to find dinner somewhere. Also I hated the 12 noon Sunday tip-off (too early) as I usually try to be inside the arena an hour before tip-off. Plus the Friday night setup has both women regionals playing at the same time... as well as both men's regionals playing at the same time. Hated missing out on the other games. So im ok with the time slot..... although it makes for a real early Saturday morning in Greensboro........ guess I'll have to come home early from the Club Friday Night :oops::eek::D:p:cool::confused::(:rolleyes::rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So I assume a 7:00pm and approximately 9:30pm tip off on a Friday Night in Albany. :eek:

I can already anticipate the complaints :rolleyes: Will be interesting to see if they make UCONN play the nightcap.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Game times in Albany:
Friday: 7:00 and 9:30
Sunday: noon

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
UConn played South Carolina last year in the Regional Finals on a Monday night. I was pleased to see that the Albany Region has the Sunday game this year. If UConn gets to Albany and is able to make it through the Regionals, I think it is a bit of an advantage to have that extra day, even if their first round Final Four opponent also has that extra day.

Finishing up on a Monday night and then having to gear up for a Friday evening game, with all the getting back to campus, travel, and hoopla that comes with it, is no mean feat. Very rush rush.

My guess is that if they are the Number One seed in Albany, they will get the 7:00 Friday game for television purposes. But even if it is a 9:30 (or later) start, it should not affect the result in the Round of 16.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder if the UCONN's region time shift will affect attendance any. Dont have the information in front of me... but it seems like since they went to the Friday-Monday Regionals.. that UCONN has always played on Saturday/Monday.

Knowing Greensboro... I would think there would be more attendance for a Sunday Final than a Monday evening one.

Portland and Chicago are unknowns....... Saturday afternoon in Chicago vs a Friday evening might garner good attendance.... though a Monday night tip-off vs a Sunday evening seems like a

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My guess is that if they are the Number One seed in Albany, they will get the 7:00 Friday game for television purposes. But even if it is a 9:30 (or later) start, it should not affect the result in the Round of 16.

If that happens.... I sure hope the UCONN fans stick around for the 2nd game. The last time the regionals were here....... the Battle of the Carolinas was the 7pm game..... and mostly all of the SC fans left the arena after the victory.. FSU vs Arizona State tipped off at about 10pm...... there may have been about 1,000 fans at tipoff..... when the game ended..... that number was down to probably 250. Head bang Sure made getting out of the Coliseum parking lot easier though :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If UConn plays there we’ll be at the Albany Regional to the bitter end :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the idea of UConn playing approximately 40 hours later rather than 50+ hours between games, at least from a spectator's viewpoint. That could be done with only 2 nights in a hotel instead of 4.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Just purchased my tickets for Chicago. Saturday/Monday should suit me quite well. Was able to get the seat one row behind my usual Sky season ticket seat.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just purchased my tickets for Chicago. Saturday/Monday should suit me quite well. Was able to get the seat one row behind my usual Sky season ticket seat.

I think I will just drive over to the Coliseum to buy my tickets. Im old fashioned.... rather do that then via the computer. Just trying to decide whether to sit on the side of the benches.... or across facing them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think I will just drive over to the Coliseum to buy my tickets. Im old fashioned.... rather do that then via the computer. Just trying to decide whether to sit on the side of the benches.... or across facing them.
Any time you can avoid filling the coffers of the uber-greedy Ticketmaster folks, that's a good thing!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Any time you can avoid filling the coffers of the uber-greedy Ticketmaster folks, that's a good thing!

Probably a couple of years ago.... might have been for the 2015 regionals... I was gonna order via online/phone ... saw they charged a fee..... I just put on my shoes and drove 5 minutes to the arena and bought the tickets there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Probably a couple of years ago.... might have been for the 2015 regionals... I was gonna order via online/phone ... saw they charged a fee..... I just put on my shoes and drove 5 minutes to the arena and bought the tickets there.
Well done!!

Reaction Score
On Friday night, you've got a 1-2-1 setup, as the 1st Portland game will tip around 9. Thus I would anticipate the marquee Albany matchup to go at 7 then a ESPN/ESPN2 split at 9. And the most Western-focused game at 11:30.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom