2019 Recruiting: Kareem Reid - Reclassing from 2020 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Kareem Reid - Reclassing from 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised by this. I wasn't wildly impressed when I saw him a year ago. A 3* 2020 isn't going to be an impact player for us right away.

But this staff hasn't given a reason not to trust their evaluation yet. He must be improving rapidly. Plus, keeping that PSA pipeline open could be important

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Who has insight as to how he is as a player?

Reaction Score
Who cares?!? There’s interest! And smoke! And soon a blaze! Oh wait, we got away from that, right? Hmm, maybe another pizza place? Pepe strategy? Nah, could be construed sophomorically. Sally strategy? Eh, people get in a huff about gender roles, maybe in a few years. Modern strategy? Yes, I like that. Let’s have a Modern strategy to recruiting. There, it’s settled.

Reaction Score
6'8 210 PF with a reported 7'5 wingspan. Rated 4* by all three recruiting services.

From September:

Even though he’s generating interest from high-major schools, Reid still has room to grow.

“Kareem, he has to get there,” PSA coach Tom Espinosa said. “He played for the NY Reins and was kind of up and down. He’s still up and down a little bit.

“He needs to be a little more consistent and play block to block,” the coach added. “Sometimes he wants to be out in the 3 hole and that’s where he struggles.

Reaction Score
Kareem Reid, Putnam Science Academy, Power Forward

Looks like there is real interest on our part. TOS fancast predictions say 100% UConn, I'll wait to hear from our tuned in posters here before getting to excited.
TOS doesn’t have any picks for Reid. What you’re referring to is the fan poll. So neither of the forms of the crystal ball have any picks for him.

I’m surprised to see him reclassify because he didn’t have a particularly great season or anything. But he is still top 115 on Rivals and 247, and a 4* on ESPN. We’ll see what our involvement is.

Reaction Score

I saw him last winter/spring maybe 3x. Nothing really stood out. He was a well built athlete without a lot of skill. Call him a Diarra with a couple more inches on him. A lot could have changed in that time though.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
6'8 210 PF with a reported 7'5 wingspan. Rated 4* by all three recruiting services.

From September:

Even though he’s generating interest from high-major schools, Reid still has room to grow.

“Kareem, he has to get there,” PSA coach Tom Espinosa said. “He played for the NY Reins and was kind of up and down. He’s still up and down a little bit.

“He needs to be a little more consistent and play block to block,” the coach added. “Sometimes he wants to be out in the 3 hole and that’s where he struggles.
6'8 with a 7'5 wingspan? He sounds very intriguing, obviously he'll need some work in the weight room.

Reaction Score
TOS doesn’t have any picks for Reid. What you’re referring to is the fan poll. So neither of the forms of the crystal ball have any picks for him.

I’m surprised to see him reclassify because he didn’t have a particularly great season or anything. But he is still top 115 on Rivals and 247, and a 4* on ESPN. We’ll see what our involvement is.

thats what i said, the fancast

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If he is coming here I like it. He has some size, I see him listed as 200, 210 and in the article 220. Seems like he is learning but has some upside. Would be a good replacement for Diarra if he doesn't continue playing basketball.

Reaction Score
Obviously, scholarships openings can be expected to grow, but, if we really have only 1 opening for next year how does the team improve if not used on: 1) an aggressive rebounding power player >6'9 >230lbs, 2) a rim protector type, 3) quality ball handling guard depth, or 4) a sharp shooter. Nothing against the player who could turn out to develop very nicely, but Freshman 6'8 bench depth from a player that doesn't check any of these boxes is hard to get excited about, UNLESS, it is not truly our last scholly and room will develop.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Definitely seems like there are a lot of things pointing our way.

With Dan talking so much at the end of the year about trying to mimic the type of team that Houston has, this is probably the kind of big we may be looking at going forward. Guys like Reed/Akok who may be a tad undersized based on traditional standards, but fall in line with what we saw from Houston with 4-5 of those guys in a rotation

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can't figure out how to embed the video but this is from December 2018 and he looks a bit bigger than some of the older videos out there.

KAREEM REID, 6’9” BIG W/ 7’5” WINGSPAN, EARLY ‘18-‘19 HIGHLIGHTS

That's what I was wondering. If he is already bulking up and has athleticism, then he's going to be a hotter commodity than it seems. If this reclass is due to some encouragement from Hurley, it might be a savvy move to grab a guy who would move up the rankings with a post grad season next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom