2019 Recruiting: Jaylin Hunter | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Jaylin Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
He’s a low major player. Would 100% welcome him as a walk-on who gets spot minutes since he wouldn’t take up a scholly but would not blame him if he wanted to go to another school that he would play more

Reaction Score
He'll be a walk on next year. Info is a few months old, but that was the plan not long ago. He'll also be the best walk-on we've had outside of Drummond, most likely. He's a very, very solid player. I doubt he plays much, but he'll get minutes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He'll be a walk on next year. Info is a few months old, but that was the plan not long ago. He'll also be the best walk-on we've had outside of Drummond, most likely. He's a very, very solid player. I doubt he plays much, but he'll get minutes.

Perhaps an R.J. Evans-type role?

Reaction Score
Whoa, that's cool. Since his Dad is a UConn employee, he won't have to pay tuition, right? Pretty good situation.

Reaction Score
His twitter follows give me the impression that he will be a walk-on for UConn next season. It's also his senior year and I see nothing about him taking visits anywhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His twitter follows give me the impression that he will be a walk-on for UConn next season. It's also his senior year and I see nothing about him taking visits anywhere.

Biggest takeaway from that video was how sweet Creighton Prep's mascot is:
CP_Block_Sports_Logo_large_large.png

Reaction Score

EJ Harrison was a walk on and played significant minutes on 1999 team. Kid was a player and quick as hell.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Started at PG and was 2nd on the team in scoring for OSA one of the better AAU teams in the country. Kid can obviously ball, I bet he competes for minutes.

Reaction Score
Whoa, that's cool. Since his Dad is a UConn employee, he won't have to pay tuition, right? Pretty good situation.

?? UConn gives free tuition to students of faculty? Whoa, nice....!

Reaction Score
?? UConn gives free tuition to students of faculty? Whoa, nice....!
Yeah! My father in-law is a professor at UConn and my wife went for free. I guess I’m not totally sure the same applies for the children of Assistant Men’s Basketball coaches though..

Reaction Score
Not just faculty in the 90’s. All full time employees. Not sure how it is now. I had a couple friends that had parents working there in other capacities and they were tuition free.

Reaction Score
Whoa, I've actually never heard of any other school that does that. I'm sure there are some.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not just faculty in the 90’s. All full time employees. Not sure how it is now. I had a couple friends that had parents working there in other capacities and they were tuition free.

I believe it covers tuition but not room, board or student fees.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The more guards the better. Especially those that don’t take up a scholarship.
And we’re going to need a PG. We’re replacing a true PG and a combo with a combo and a wing. Our only other true PG on the team AG had not played a full season of basketball in 3 years coming into this season. I actually think Hunter can find minutes year one.

Reaction Score
I believe it covers tuition but not room, board or student fees.
Yep, this is correct.

Also, my personal example isn’t from the 90’s lol. UConn class of 2014!

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t the financial equivalent of winning the lottery be...winning the lottery?

I would say going to a school that cost ~ 50,000/ year X 4 years is the equivalent of winning the lottery for 200,000 and using that money to pay for school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom