2019 QB from Connecticut (Trey Dawson) | The Boneyard

2019 QB from Connecticut (Trey Dawson)

Reaction Score
Big family... Supposedly Andre Drummond is his cousin. He's been up to UConn for a camp a bit back.

Getting accolades for basketball as well.

Reaction Score
Kid needs to find himself a better team and league to play in. Notre Dame Fairfield has started recruiting and has what's probably a D1 RB.... wouldn't be surprised if they put feelers out there

Reaction Score
Kid needs to find himself a better team and league to play in. Notre Dame Fairfield has started recruiting and has what's probably a D1 RB.... wouldn't be surprised if they put feelers out there
My guess is Sacred Heart has started recruiting in football. They have become a powerhouse in basketball. Mustapha Heron all-American freshman at Auburn, Tyrn Flowers Umass, Raheem Solomon, Nate Tabor hasn't even played a game as a freshman yet and has already been offered by Auburn and was invited to USA basketball tryout, got a 6'9 freshman from Senegal.

Reaction Score
My guess is Sacred Heart has started recruiting in football. They have become a powerhouse in basketball. Mustapha Heron all-American freshman at Auburn, Tyrn Flowers Umass, Raheem Solomon, Nate Tabor hasn't even played a game as a freshman yet and has already been offered by Auburn and was invited to USA basketball tryout, got a 6'9 freshman from Senegal.

Sacred Heart has to combine with Kaynor Tech to field a team. It'd be in the kids best interest to go to St. Joes, NDF, NDWH, etc. if he really has a shot at a D1 scholarship. Granted, if a team likes you they like you regardless of where you play.

Reaction Score
If Dawson was a running back, he'd probably end up in Ansonia ;).

I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually is persuaded to attend Cheshire Academy. However, if he wants to stay in the NVL, Naugatuck runs the perfect offense to showcase his talents and Coach Craig Bruno has produced D1 talent at both, Bunnell and Naugatuck.

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart has to combine with Kaynor Tech to field a team. It'd be in the kids best interest to go to St. Joes, NDF, NDWH, etc. if he really has a shot at a D1 scholarship. Granted, if a team likes you they like you regardless of where you play.

I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually is persuaded to attend Cheshire Academy. However, if he wants to stay in the NVL, Naugatuck runs the perfect offense to showcase his talents and Coach Craig Bruno has produced D1 talent at both, Bunnell and Naugatuck.

See score tonight? Waterbury Career 72, Sacred Heart/Kaynor 70. New state record for combined points in a game. Trey Dawson 27-39 for 446 yds 6 TD and 2 Int --- WCA had 457 yds rushing and 38 yds passing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I hope he doesn't end up at Cheshire Academy. I really think these CT prep schools are a sham and there are better staffs at CIAC schools. Bruno would be great for him. Ecke is at West Haven now, too, and I'm sure they would adjust their scheme if they had someone who could sling it

Reaction Score
I hope he doesn't end up at Cheshire Academy. I really think these CT prep schools are a sham and there are better staffs at CIAC schools. Bruno would be great for him. Ecke is at West Haven now, too, and I'm sure they would adjust their scheme if they had someone who could sling it
How are CT. prep schools a sham?

Reaction Score
How are CT. prep schools a sham?

I think they're trying to sell kids and their parents on a dream. I don't think their coaching staffs are anything special and certainly no better than the top public and private school coaching staffs in the CIAC. They're going out and recruiting kids in 7-8th grade and convincing them that if they go to their school they're going to get a college scholarship. Because of that I think they're much more likely to let kids slip on academics or tailor classes differently as compared to a CIAC school.

Reaction Score
... They're going out and recruiting kids in 7-8th grade and convincing them that if they go to their school they're going to get a college scholarship. Because of that I think they're much more likely to let kids slip on academics or tailor classes differently as compared to a CIAC school.

No argument about selling dreams/recruitment but actual first hand knowledge is that the academic requirements @ Hamden Hall, Cheshire Academy, Choate, Hopkins, Suffield Academy, etc.. are much higher that a lot of CIAC schools (very similar to the NDWH, St. Joes, Fairfield Prep, etc). We're not talking the Milford Academy of old here. These schools are also driving the SAT/ACT scores that the kids need to grab that scholarship in quality colleges/universities.

Reaction Score
No argument about selling dreams/recruitment but actual first hand knowledge is that the academic requirements @ Hamden Hall, Cheshire Academy, Choate, Hopkins, Suffield Academy, etc.. are much higher that a lot of CIAC schools (very similar to the NDWH, St. Joes, Fairfield Prep, etc). We're not talking the Milford Academy of old here. These schools are also driving the SAT/ACT scores that the kids need to grab that scholarship in quality colleges/universities.
ANYBODY gets into NDWH and Prep. ANYBODY. Trust me I am a middle school teacher and I have had below average students get into these catholic schools. Academics are not any better than most public schools. You just avoid a lot of the BS that comes with a public school.

Reaction Score
ANYBODY gets into NDWH and Prep. ANYBODY. Trust me I am a middle school teacher and I have had below average students get into these catholic schools. Academics are not any better than most public schools. You just avoid a lot of the BS that comes with a public school.

Getting in wasn't necessarily the point I was making (they need tuitions to operate) - I was referencing what type of students they are when they graduate based on the academic requirements/support they get once enrolled. The insinuation was that they (Cheshire Academy and their ilk) are making promises and then cutting academic corners to get kids out. There are always kids/parents that can game a system but first hand experience is that they ( prep schools) walk the walk academically more often than not (that's not to say that the kids don't have to make the effort).

Reaction Score
I got into UConn with a GPA from Prep below a 3.0 in my junior and senior years. Heck, I got an F for a quarter in senior year theology class (my teacher hated me; messed up with required community service) and I still got into UConn.

Prep is only 250 people per class.

Reaction Score
I got into UConn with a GPA from Prep below a 3.0 in my junior and senior years. Heck, I got an F for a quarter in senior year theology class (my teacher hated me; messed up with required community service) and I still got into UConn.

Prep is only 250 people per class.

You wouldn't get into UConn now...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
While the academic achievement or lack thereof, or various posters is no doubt interesting, what's the story on this kid?

Is he truly special...so special that the big time schools will take him and we have no chance? UConn needs under the radar kids to some extent, somebody who is not on Alabama's radar. I don't mind competing with Syracuse or Rutgers for a CT kid...but the big boys are a whole different situation.

Reaction Score
While the academic achievement or lack thereof, or various posters is no doubt interesting, what's the story on this kid?

Is he truly special...so special that the big time schools will take him and we have no chance? UConn needs under the radar kids to some extent, somebody who is not on Alabama's radar. I don't mind competing with Syracuse or Rutgers for a CT kid...but the big boys are a whole different situation.

He's on a lot of program's radar screens. His stats are crazy. How he would fair against better competition is a fair question. Camp performances/school work-outs will make (or break) the kid.

Not impossible but tough to recruit in AAC against top B1G/SEC schools. They all know where CT is when there is identifiable talent. Doesn't mean you don't try... ya never know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom