2019 Pan Am Women's 3x3 Gold Medal Game Replay | The Boneyard

2019 Pan Am Women's 3x3 Gold Medal Game Replay

Reaction Score
That was a blast.

Never thought I'd say this, but I was impressed with Sabrina's defense. And offense. She's a stud.

ONO looks a little jacked - been hitting the weight room.

Reaction Score
I was impressed with Argentina’s linebackers. Great bump and run defense on the short routes.

It's a hips and shoulders game. Reminds me of playing outside as a yute. We had no refs and rarely was there an argument.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun to watch. Great way to end the game.

Some really interesting near end plays

1) How did that girl get the 2 pt shot over Liv's running block in the corner to make it 19-17. The crowd was into it then and thought the mighty US may go under.

2) Sabrina is very physical. Thought she may have lost the ball at 19-17 but she muscled her way back into the play and got 2 shots.

3) The audience was resigned that Sabrina will make the 2 FT's Audience at max depression

4) Sabrina missed the first FT :eek::eek: but she gave such a scowl , made the FT for 20-17 and then ultimately gave Ruthy a dime for the winner.

Reaction Score
It's a hips and shoulders game. Reminds me of playing outside as a yute. We had no refs and rarely was there an argument.
The good ole days. And if they wouldn't get off you, a chest pass to the face took care of it. ;)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Argentina getting into Foul Trouble was a significant impact on the Game USA made 6 Free Throws on 9 attempts vs 1 FT on 1 attempt for Argentina.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good game! I thought everyone played well. Liv is WAY taller than Ruthy.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this game!!

1) w/o the presence of ONO in the middle, the US might have easily lost this game. She was clearly the difference as Argentina actually shot better from deep despite the efforts from Sabrina, who kept the US in the game after going down by 3 early. Ono's defense was invaluable in slowing down a confident opponent.

2) This format exposes weak defenders and promotes/requires aggression, the latter a quality most UConn teams have been lacking recently. I wish the entire UConn team would participate more in 3x3 tournaments, additional players like Walker, Dangerfield, etc may become more assertive on the court especially on the defensive end.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Liv will be a revelation this year. I’m excited about the muscle she’s added to her frame as well as her increased confidence. So much of UConn’s success this coming season will depend on Liv’s ability to dominate the paint. It will be fun to watch her take her place among UConn’s elite post players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom