2019 NIT Bracketology | The Boneyard

2019 NIT Bracketology

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
NIT Bracketology: How the NET factors into postseason projections
Haven't seen this posted anywhere-

An SB Nation section dedicated to covering Mid Major Basketball puts out monthly NIT projections. They recently projected UConn as a 4 seed playing 5 seed Oregon St in the NIT.

Other projections of note-

2. Memphis
7. Grand Canyon

2. Temple
7. USC

3. Providence
6. Northwestern

1. Arizona
8. South Florida

They are projecting 4 AAC bids (UConn, Memphis, Temple, USF). Also projecting UCF to be one of the last at-large NCAA bids.

Also, we were put in the same quadrant as this:
3. Georgetown
6. Pittsburgh

I personally would be very happy with an NIT post season, all things considered. I think we could make some noise, depending on health. Just give me some March basketball.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Yes. Save for a miracle run in the AAC tournament, give me the NIT for this team all day long. Give these kids something to do after the conference tournament.

Also, f this sentence: “... section dedicated to covering Mid Major Basketball ...”

Reaction Score
Seeing how this season ends an NIT bid would be an accomplishment for Hurley’s first season. Just need to close the season on a high note.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yes. Save for a miracle run in the AAC tournament, give me the NIT for this team all day long. Give these kids something to do after the conference tournament.

Also, f this sentence: “... section dedicated to covering Mid Major Basketball ...”
The website is literally "Midmajorbasketball.com" and is titled "Mid Major Basketball Coverage". Arizona, Georgetown and Pittsburgh are projected NIT bids. They aren't mid-major programs.

It's not really that offensive, we aren't a mid major program.
If I didn't have faith that Hurley will bring us back, then I would be offended.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'd be ecstatic if we made the NIT. If Gilbert is back after tonight we have a decent shot at it
Still doomed though.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Also, silver lining of getting in the NIT is more games for Jalen. Sign me up for that.

Would he even play in this case? With his current injury and not much to gain from the NIT, I can see him sitting out to prepare for NBA Draft workouts similar to what a lot of CFB players have been doing with bowl games recently.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I most definitely would like the 4hunnid era to end in post season play not on this sour note.

Reaction Score
We’ll win the tourney... almost beat ‘Zona and they’re a 1 seed. Memphis is a 2 and we should’ve won on the road if we were healthy. We’ve got a good chance if the young guys keep stepping up.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Get Gilbert and back and go on a run. I’ll be happy with the NIT if that’s the best we can do.

Reaction Score
NIT has the potential to be a great catalyst if you return your core that is playing well late (UConn?). I think if Penn State returned Tony Carr they could have made noise in the NCAA's this year. A team like ETSU is primed to really benefit from the NIT if they don't make the NCAA via auto bid. They would return 100% of their minutes and scoring. South Florida fits in also for example ect ect...

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Hopefully Gilbert comes back next week, and we take care of business @ SMU, Wichita, and ECU. Then have to at least win one of these home games vs. Cincy, USF, Temple. Very doable, espcially with the energy and toughness we've been playing with. If we do this, we'd finish 17-15, and NIT committee would def throw us in.

Reaction Score
I didn’t get the sentiment to shut Gilbert down for the year from some. While I would normally not care much one way or the other about an NIT bid, after the disaster of the past few seasons it is important to show progress. And this will do that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom