OT: - 2019 NBA Playoffs | The Boneyard

OT: 2019 NBA Playoffs

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
First 5 seeds in the east are set but with two games remaining I’m really holding out hope that Charlotte and Kemba can sneak in.

“The Hornets, who have strung together a three-game win streak with their backs against the wall, will need to win out and need the Pistons to drop one of their final two games to quailify for the playoffs. Charlotte owns the tiebreakers over both the Heat and Pistons.”

“The Hornets have two games remaining - a road game against the Cleveland Cavaliers and a home game against the Magic on the final day of the regular season. The final game against the Magic could very well end up being a play-in game for Charlotte.”

Reaction Score
It's crazy that the Nets and the Magic are locked into the play-offs already. Who would have thought? The Nets are actually a really fun team to watch.

I was pulling for the Hornets to make the playoffs all year but it's hard to root against Drummond and Detroit. Maybe if the Hornets miss out on the playoffs, that will convince Kemba to go to a better franchise this summer. Really seems like it's time for him to leave Charlotte.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's crazy that the Nets and the Magic are locked into the play-offs already. Who would have thought? The Nets are actually a really fun team to watch.

I was pulling for the Hornets to make the playoffs all year but it's hard to root against Drummond and Detroit. Maybe if the Hornets miss out on the playoffs, that will convince Kemba to go to a better franchise this summer. Really seems like it's time for him to leave Charlotte.

Nets have been fantasitcally run by their new gm.

They’ll be a destination next summer.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Nets and hornets. I just dont think Pacers have anything without Oladipo. Jared Dudley has been getting a bunch of minutes for the Nets, but he's been a good passer. Charlotte is intriguing with the kemba/lamb/frank combo, hoping the young guys can get some good experience. I just hate what a waste Batum has become. Sorry that was all over the place.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hope the Celtics were playing a sleeping act the last 1/2 of the season, if not, they are due for a 1st round exit
Would love to see the Hornets - especially over the Pistons - Detroit is plain ugly team
The Nets could do some damage but must stay out of foul trouble
Houston/Golden State western conference final will be the NBA finals

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Hope the Celtics were playing a sleeping act the last 1/2 of the season, if not, they are due for a 1st round exit
Would love to see the Hornets - especially over the Pistons - Detroit is plain ugly team
The Nets could do some damage but must stay out of foul trouble
Houston/Golden State western conference final will be the NBA finals

I don’t think the Pacers can match the Celtics in the 1st round, but after that I’m not sure how the C’s will fair. They’ve shown no signs of consistency this year outside of Kyrie.

It sucks to see two (edit: three) UConn alums battling for that last spot in the East but given how incredible Kemba has been all season I’d love to see them at least get a few extra games.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Charlotte up 20 on the Cavs while the Pistons trail Memphis by 3 in the 4th.

Walker and Lamb with 23 a piece.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pistons have the Knicks tomorrow, so I think they got the last spot.

Nice goodbye to Dwayne Wade.

We don't have matchups in the East yet, but I expect the Top 4 seeds to easily hold serve and the interesting matchups to be in the second round.

The West could see an upset or two in Round 1.

Reaction Score
Pistons have the Knicks tomorrow, so I think they got the last spot.

Nice goodbye to Dwayne Wade.

We don't have matchups in the East yet, but I expect the Top 4 seeds to easily hold serve and the interesting matchups to be in the second round.

The West could see an upset or two in Round 1.

knicks have to beat Pistons and Charlotte has to beat Magic for Kemba to get into playoffs. I mean, then you are playing Bucks first round but stil.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I’ll be in the house tonight for the Hornets Magic game. Hopefully its not Kemba’s last game in CLT and hopefully the Knicks somehow win a third in a row over the Pistons!

Reaction Score
I’ll be in the house tonight for the Hornets Magic game. Hopefully its not Kemba’s last game in CLT and hopefully the Knicks somehow win a third in a row over the Pistons!

Hopefully its not his last game in CLT? Charlotte isnt going anywhere in the foreseeable future. He needs to go somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Hopefully its not his last game in CLT? Charlotte isnt going anywhere in the foreseeable future. He needs to go somewhere else.

He needs to get paid. Why do you all think having a "chance" to win a title is worth forgoing $100million?

Reaction Score
He needs to get paid. Why do you all think having a "chance" to win a title is worth forgoing $100million?

Depends what he values. Money or playing for a winning franchise. He's going to get paid no matter where he goes. He doesnt come across as the type of guy searching for the biggest pay check.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Yeah, hopefully its not. Because I have to go to Hornets games regardless.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I would be shocked if Charlotte offers Kemba a 5 year supermax contract, but I agree that Kemba has to accept if if they do. I think Charlotte may offer him 4 years, but without that 5th year, the gap between staying and going is more like $8 or 10 million, and Kemba can make that up on one shoe contract in New York.

Reaction Score
This is the most interesting the East's half of the bracket has been in over 20 years. Can't wait to see how it shakes out. I think Toronto will come out on top.

Out west, Denver and Jokic are floundering down the stretch after people have questioned all season if they're a regular season fraud or the real thing. Can't wait to see how they handle playoff hoops. You have to think the WCF is a lock to be HOU vs GSW, barring injuries.

I think GSW cruises to a three-peat. I don't put much stock in the regular season, even though they've had their injuries. There is way too much talent on that team; hell, it's the most talented roster in NBA history.

I would be shocked if Charlotte offers Kemba a 5 year supermax contract, but I agree that Kemba has to accept if if they do. I think Charlotte may offer him 4 years, but without that 5th year, the gap between staying and going is more like $8 or 10 million, and Kemba can make that up on one shoe contract in New York.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a supermax. MJ loves Kemba and isn't interested in rebuilding. Wouldn't surprise me if they sign Boogie over the summer, who probably won't have many suitors. MJ is perfectly fine with being a 5-8 seed.

Reaction Score
This is the most interesting the East's half of the bracket has been in over 20 years. Can't wait to see how it shakes out. I think Toronto will come out on top.

Out west, Denver and Jokic are floundering down the stretch after people have questioned all season if they're a regular season fraud or the real thing. Can't wait to see how they handle playoff hoops. You have to think the WCF is a lock to be HOU vs GSW, barring injuries.

I think GSW cruises to a three-peat. I don't put much stock in the regular season, even though they've had their injuries. There is way too much talent on that team; hell, it's the most talented roster in NBA history.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a supermax. MJ loves Kemba and isn't interested in rebuilding. Wouldn't surprise me if they sign Boogie over the summer, who probably won't have many suitors. MJ is perfectly fine with being a 5-8 seed.

Kemba is a Jordan athlete. Could he take a little bit less to help the cap and get it made up for with a new Jordan contract increase?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Big night. DET/NYK and ORL/CHA at 8:00. Charlotte has an 18.5% chance tonight. Maybe the Knicks win their last game at home?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom