2019 McDonald’s All-American Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 McDonald’s All-American Games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oops, another thread already going. Mods please delete this thread, thanks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
More than half of the West roster is not really from the West. Texas and Kansas is pushing it, but Illinois, Michigan and Ohio?

Nice to see the players from California and Colorado are staying out West. Well nice to me anyway, many on this board will disagree with me, one player in particular.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
More than half of the West roster is not really from the West. Texas and Kansas is pushing it, but Illinois, Michigan and Ohio?
Sign of numerical imbalance. More people and more players in the east.

Reaction Score
Laeticia seems very likely to be nominated for the Jordan Brand Classic. Satou Sabally was nominated when she was entering Oregon.

Wouldn't think she could play while rehabbing an injury and enrolled at South Carolina.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sign of numerical imbalance. More people and more players in the east.

Yes, it's probably like that almost every year. Still just seems a bit odd to me.

Also a good reason why West Coast players need to stay close to home. A lot fewer top prospects out this way.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, it's probably like that almost every year. Still just seems a bit odd to me.

Also a good reason why West Coast players need to stay close to home. A lot fewer top prospects out this way.
A lot fewer universities as well. Look at all the conferences (P5, mid-major, and small school) and see where they are located. The PAC12 is the only P5 conference on the left coast. The number of schools and conferences is population dependent, so most are east of the Mississippi.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A lot fewer universities as well. Look at all the conferences (P5, mid-major, and small school) and see where they are located. The PAC12 is the only P5 conference on the left coast. The number of schools and conferences is population dependent, so most are east of the Mississippi.

Yes, I'm aware of the valid points you and Plebe make. But I am as noted a West Coast homer so I see things through a certain filter.

My brother lives near Dayton, Ohio. I think there are about 5 colleges/universities within a small radius of him. He's really close to Wright St. but there are various others. (added--and I'm not even talking about Cincinnati, Xavier and THE Ohio St., which are also fairly close). The State of Ohio is just packed full of schools. Other states are probably similar.

Incidentally these same points should also be taken into consideration when pundits say there isn't as much strength in programs out west. With probably 3 or 4 times more schools east of the Mississippi, it makes sense more schools from there will make it further in the post season. More an issue in men's hoops than women's though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm aware of the valid points you and Plebe make. But I am as noted a West Coast homer so I see things through a certain filter.

My brother lives near Dayton, Ohio. I think there are about 5 colleges/universities within a small radius of him. He's really close to Wright St. but there are various others. (added--and I'm not even talking about Cincinnati, Xavier and THE Ohio St., which are also fairly close). The State of Ohio is just packed full of schools. Other states are probably similar.

Incidentally these same points should also be taken into consideration when pundits say there isn't as much strength in programs out west. With probably 3 or 4 times more schools east of the Mississippi, it makes sense more schools from there will make it further in the post season. More an issue in men's hoops than women's though.

I counted 18 schools in NC that play Division 1 Basketball alone ........ spread among 9 different conferences.... from the ACC to Conference USA

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I counted 18 schools in NC that play Division 1 Basketball alone ... spread among 9 different conferences.... from the ACC to Conference USA

I think 5 D1 hoops schools in Washington and 4 in Oregon. Not quite the same.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

At least you can focus better on less schools... ..... March madness around here is insane

But back on topic.... Glad to see NC State get a mcdonald's all american.... not sure when the last time they had one.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Of course, NC has a similar population to Washington + Oregon in a much smaller area.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Of course, NC has a similar population to Washington + Oregon in a much smaller area.

Yeah people/square mile is a whole lot different throughout most of the western states. Montana and Wyoming are crazy. I think MT hovers right around a million total population for one of the biggest states in the country by area.

Reaction Score
The two lowest ranked prospects to make the team are (by two seperate services):

Hoopgurlz: #36 Angel Jackson, #37 Sammie Puisis

Prospects Nation: #90 Aubrey Griffin, #100 Kennedy Brown

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom