2019 Lisa Leslie Pre-season Watch List | The Boneyard

2019 Lisa Leslie Pre-season Watch List

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
List for the lazy:
1540574826076.png

Reaction Score
I’d say the preseason front runners have to be McCowan, Brown, and Gustafson. Maybe Turner and Anigwe too although one didn’t play last year and one had a less than stellar season

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I would assume McCowan gets it, with an outside shot of Brown. Turner is said to be 100% back but she likely won't get the stats that McCowan will.

Reaction Score
I'm confused about Jade Williams from Duke. Averaged 4 pts and 3 rbs a game last year according to her bio.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It seems like they went out of their way to include obscure players from mid and even low majors in all 5 of these watch lists, just to be inclusive and everything. I think pretty much all of the watch lists you can narrow down to 4 or less players that have any realistic chance of winning.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gustafson will probably lead this group in scoring, but I agree with previous poster that it probably comes down to Brown or McCowan.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I would assume McCowan gets it, with an outside shot of Brown. Turner is said to be 100% back but she likely won't get the stats that McCowan will.
I would actually consider this Kalani Brown's award to lose. McCowan is a tremendous player, but Brown is better IMHO.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It seems like they went out of their way to include obscure players from mid and even low majors in all 5 of these watch lists, just to be inclusive and everything. I think pretty much all of the watch lists you can narrow down to 4 or less players that have any realistic chance of winning.
I agree, but I'm actually glad they go out of their way to include players from non-power conferences.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I would actually consider this Kalani Brown's award to lose. McCowan is a tremendous player, but Brown is better IMHO.

Perhaps, feels like there's more hype around McCowan, though.

Reaction Score
I would guess McCowan is the front runner at the moment due to her performance last season in the NCAA tournament, but I think Megan Gustafson or Kalani Brown could easily take home the award, too.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is the only school to have a player on each of the five watch lists. No other school has a player on more than three. Schools with three: Duke, Maryland, Oregon, Texas, UCONN, and Baylor.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is the only school to have a player on each of the five watch lists. No other school has a player on more than three. Schools with three: Duke, Maryland, Oregon, Texas, UCONN, and Baylor.

Consensus #1 team

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A few thoughts on some of the 2019 Lisa Leslie Award Candidates., primarily from an ND fan's perspective.

- Kalani Brown: Baylor (would be interesting to see the Brown/Cox tandem match up with Turner/Shepard)
- Channon Fluker: CSUN (Had 25 against Irish in NCAA 1st round game in South Bend last season)
- Jade Williams: Duke (McDonald's All-America, but committee is assuming/hoping for quite a leap)
- Megan Gustafson: Iowa (Irish will see this top scorer in B1G-ACC challenge)
- Sam Fuehring: Louisville (Solid, "glue-like" player for Cardinals last year. Can she score more?)
- Hallie Thome: Michigan (No Flaherty this year. Will opponents collapse on her?)
- Teaira McCowan: Mississippi St (We all know her....)
- Brianna Turner: Notre Dame (Know she'll be in great shape. Has she added an intermediate jumper?)
- Jatarie White: Texas (No Joyner Holmes again. How will she pair with Collier?)
- Mariella Fasoula: Vanderbilt (Greek native coming off transfer year from B.C. I think White needs big performances from her.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom