2019 Emmys | The Boneyard

2019 Emmys

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I spaced out, missed it entirely, wasn't really that interested in the results anyway. But I'm very glad to find out Jodie Comer won best actress in a dramatic series. I've thought from the get go that she makes Killing Eve go, not Sandra Oh.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Emmys need to figure out what they want to be. There is so much content out there that I am 100% certain that the voters are not watching a fraction of even the prestige television. The same 2-3 shows seem to get all the awards in certain categories, which is ridiculous.

I have not seen it, but from what I have heard from people who opinion I trust, Fabulous Mrs. Maisel is very good, not great. Did it really deserve all those awards? Shalhoub?

Game of Thrones did not deserve Best Drama, and I thought Season 8 was OK. There were better shows on television in the last year.

Too much of the actor nominations are really lifetime achievement awards. I like The Good Place and like Ted Danson, but I wouldn't consider him a "great" actor. He is good in comedies, that's it. What did Kit Harrington do that deserved a nomination? Christina Applegate is one of the best comedy actresses of her generation, but Dead To Me isn't her best work. Michael Douglas making old man jokes in one of the more sitcom-y shows on Netflix doesn't really warrant a nomination either.

Why didn't anyone from Narcos Mexico get nominated? That show was incredible. Black Monday only got a nomination for Don Cheadle. That is one of the most interesting new shows on television. Billions didn't get nominated for anything despite a strong season. Succession will dominate next year's Emmy's, but it passed GoT as the best show on HBO by its 4th episode.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom