2019 Commit Diamond Harrell (Los Angeles Valley College JUCO) | The Boneyard

2019 Commit Diamond Harrell (Los Angeles Valley College JUCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Him and Coyle as our S tandem doesn’t look to shabby. Will give Robinson some more time to develop
This would be optimal and why it was imperative to find JUCOs/grad students that are (dare I say) RKGs that can let the young ones develop instead of throwing them to the wolves. Hopefully all of these more mature additions work out more like David Pindell and less like “I didn’t think the quality of competition would be this good” Ryan Fines.

Reaction Score
Listen no one truly knows how all of this will pan out this season. A football season is such a long journey full of twists and turns, injuries, ups and downs, etc.
what I can say is RE, through coaching hires and recruiting, is pointing this thing in the right direction. I already feel like we should have a more mature football team stepping on the field next year. If Harrell makes it through camp healthy along with Morgan, Dillon Harris, Travis Jones, Coyle, and the young secondary that’s a year older and stronger, we should be way more competitive on that side of the ball.
If Beaudry does what he’s supposed to do, add the upgrade in speed from the skill positions and we should be a bit better there.
Yes, every team we play is getting better as well but you want to be able to match athleticism and strength then let the intangibles decide the games like knowing your assignments, limiting penalties, etc.
I like what I’m seeing
Still a ways to go but you gotta be happy with the effort

Reaction Score
Just a hunch based on nothing. He may be a LB before long.

Reaction Score
Just a hunch based on nothing. He may be a LB before long.
I totally hear what you’re saying. But he seems more like a roamer. Closer to the LOS means more traffic that he needs to navigate in order to implement his strengths. He’s probably not accustomed to dealing with guards and TE’s coming after him.
I would leave him where he’s comfortable to maximize his instinctive athleticism and plug in a Webb, or someone else that has played the position. I even feel that Jackson Mitchell, although young, looks like he can contribute at the second level.

Reaction Score
Awesome!!! Let's Go!!! Is he eligible to play this coming season?

Reaction Score
Good get by staff.

So far, after 1 day, he is either starting S or being moved to another position. Not bad for a kid who has yet to lace them up.

Reaction Score
Good get by staff.

So far, after 1 day, he is either starting S or being moved to another position. Not bad for a kid who has yet to lace them up.
That’s the allure for kids like this. There is plenty of playing time available on this team.
I’m excited about the competitive depth being built right now. Practices need to be fast and physical in order to give you a shot on Saturdays. He is slowly accomplishing this.
Again, still a LONG ways to go here- but trending upwards

Reaction Score
I think Fortt showed he’s capable of playing that spot. He’s a good tackler and got better as the year went on
Love Fortt ( St Luke's repped - went to school there with my kid )... In hindsight though (honestly speaking) he seems to be a tough spot... at his size it's hard to keep him there.. Would love to see him have an opportunity to redshirt (which he did not do), either get a little bigger (190lbs ain't cuttin it at that spot, no matter how tough you are) or move to a spot somewhere closer to the LOS at SS or in a nickel package... something that can keep him out there contributing.. He deserves better... All these kids that work their butts off do... with all the changes to the staff coaching over the last 3, 4 years.. it's tough

Reaction Score
That’s the allure for kids like this. There is plenty of playing time available on this team.
I’m excited about the competitive depth being built right now. Practices need to be fast and physical in order to give you a shot on Saturdays. He is slowly accomplishing this.
Again, still a LONG ways to go here- but trending upwards

There is a long way to go, but your exactly right. We are desperately in need to depth to create the competitive environment to develop these kids.

I'm pretty sure I could have competed for a spot on the D last season...........

Reaction Score
7D541F81-5470-4B4F-994B-FBA73A6168B6.gif

Welcome!!

Reaction Score
And then football recruiting went Blaze and that changed everything!
Really? When did that happen? Didn’t seem to work too good for the basketball team.

C

Chief00

Really? When did that happen? Didn’t seem to work too good for the basketball team.
Yeah, two 4 stars and a 5 star in one class is proof the recruiting strategy “ didn’t seem to work too good for the basketball team”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom