2019 AAC Tounrney headed to Memphis | The Boneyard

2019 AAC Tounrney headed to Memphis

Reaction Score
Could be worse.

I hope the AAC isn't banking on Memphis getting to the championship game though..

Reaction Score
Hope this is the sign UConn is close to leaving the aac for the PAC or the MAC or the MEAC

Hope this is the sign UConn wins another Championship. Watching that video brings back fond memories. Memphis was a good host and you had two ranked teams right there.
Finally the addition of Wichita State makes this conference on par with how it was there. It's going to be a very deep year in the AAC. I'm hoping the Huskies can get in that Top 4.

Reaction Score
weren't there problems the last time Memphis hosted? Hopefully those are all addressed. The location makes sense for the conference.

Reaction Score
Then you did not do it right.

I lived in Memphis for 3 years. For the size of the city, he's right in the sense that you can run out of things to do rather quickly. Beale Street is fun a few times, but way too touristy/repetitive for my liking. The hidden gem of the city is the Cooper-Young neighborhood in Midtown. It's where the younger, local crowd likes to hang out.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I Think Nashville would draw more fans to town then Memphis

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I lived in Memphis for 3 years. For the size of the city, he's right in the sense that you can run out of things to do rather quickly. Beale Street is fun a few times, but way too touristy/repetitive for my liking. The hidden gem of the city is the Cooper-Young neighborhood in Midtown. It's where the younger, local crowd likes to hang out.

That's kinda the point of a host city. Give 3-4 days worth of stuff to do and get out. There's certainly enough stuff to do during the day: Peabody, Civil Rights, Sun Recording, etc. Food is good enough and the nightlife has plenty of music.

It's not a honeymoon, it's a conference tourney. Meet friends, alums, fans, watch basketball. Eat, drink, sleep. Repeat.

Reaction Score
Ducks @ Peabody is a cool thing Memphis one, Orlando one is lame

That's kinda the point of a host city. Give 3-4 days worth of stuff to do and get out. There's certainly enough stuff to do during the day: Peabody, Civil Rights, Sun Recording, etc. Food is good enough and the nightlife has plenty of music.

It's not a honeymoon, it's a conference tourney. Meet friends, alums, fans, watch basketball. Eat, drink, sleep. Repeat.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Just got back from Nashville last week. That state is way too hot and humid.

Reaction Score
Lived in Memphis for 5 years in Midotwn right near Zinnies. Memphis is great city for three or four days if you can't find enough things to do in that short time your not doing right. Would I live there again though? No.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ducks @ Peabody is a cool thing Memphis one, Orlando one is lame
Isn't the Peabody in Orlando a Hyatt now? Probably no more ducks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom