2019-2020 Non-Conference Games | The Boneyard

2019-2020 Non-Conference Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rothstein tweeted today that we'll be hosting NJIT next season. I'll update this as more games are confirmed.

6/26: St. Joe’s added
7/11: Buffalo (Charleston Classic) added
7/17: Sacred Heart added
7/25: New Hampshire added, Maine date added, St. Joseph's date added

Home:
Sacred Heart (November 8th @ Gampel)
St. Jospeh’s (November 13th)
Florida (November 17th)
Maine (November 30th @ XL)
New Hampshire (December 22nd)
NJIT

Away:
Villanova (January 18th)

Neutral:
Buffalo (Charleston Classic Round 1, November 21st)
Xavier/Towson (Charleston Classic Round 2, November 22nd)
TBD (Charleston Classic Round 3, November 24th)
Indiana (MSG, December 10th)

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What the hell is NJIT?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
What the hell is NJIT?
New Jersey Institute of Technology I think. They were infamous for going an entire season winless i think like a decade ago lol

Reaction Score
NJIT has a good story- they went D1 a little over ten years ago and were without a conference for a few years. They were basketball nomads until being invited to join the Atlantic Sun (FGCU, Liberty, Lipscomb, etc.). They’ve won 20+ games in 3 of the last 5 seasons. It’s a decent game to fill out the schedule.

Reaction Score
After their best year last year, NJIT trying to beef up their OOC schedule. Just this week, they've added UConn, Rutgers (who should be much better this year) and Providence.

Smart choice since they finish their OOC last season 12-3 and their most impressive OOC win was against Brown.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Eric Youncofski, the DOBO, posted on Basketball Traveler's scheduling board that they were looking for a buy game on December 4th or 5th

Reaction Score
Pretty solid game
While this game is a cupcake in a matchup sense, there is certainly some interesting historical context and I'd like to check out how Lange does with his lean team.

Saint Joseph's has 7 guys on scholarship right now. Their best player last year went pro, their 2nd best player Lamarr Kimble is now with Louisville and their best freshman last year Jared Bynum transferred to Providence.

In terms of talent, junior 6'9 forward Taylor Funk stayed around and is their best returning player while Ryan Daly is a good transfer from Delaware. At 6'4 226, Daly is built like a outside linebacker and has averaged 16.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg and 2.2 apg throughout his career at Delaware. Aside from that, there is a dearth of talent for Saint Joseph's.

In general, I'm rooting for Billy Lange to try to turn around this team. He entered a difficult situation, especially after Martelli's messy exit. He's going to have a rough first year, but in some cases it's better to get a fresh start.

As a college basketball lover who is a non-season ticket holder, this is a game I have interest in that will likely go very cheap on the secondary market.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While this game is a cupcake in a matchup sense, there is certainly some interesting historical context and I'd like to check out how Lange does with his lean team.

Saint Joseph's has 7 guys on scholarship right now. Their best player last year went pro, their 2nd best player Lamarr Kimble is now with Louisville and their best freshman last year Jared Bynum transferred to Providence.

In terms of talent, junior 6'9 forward Taylor Funk stayed around and is their best returning player while Ryan Daly is a good transfer from Delaware. Aside from that, there is a dearth of talent for Saint Joseph's.

In general, I'm rooting for Billy Lange to try to turn around this team. He entered a difficult situation, especially after Martelli's messy exit. He's going to have a rough first year, but in some cases it's better to get a fresh start.

As a college basketball lover who is a non-season ticket holder, this is a game I have interest in that will likely go very cheap on the secondary market.
Oh, right, I forgot Martelli got fired. Hopefully the team can be turned around - it’s got a great fan base and if there was any team with alumni who demand good basketball, it’s the St. Joe’s guys. Many suffer from the Philly sports fan mentality - too homerish, no one else can be good, and zero objectivity - but they’re passionate.
A fun game is Villanova v St. Joe’s at the Palestra.

Reaction Score
Given that we're playing Nova 3x a season starting next year, any chance we could move that away game to a neutral site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom