2019/20 UConn Recruiting | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Could someone help me with the math? Does this mean that she's just finished NINTH grade? if that's right, with all those offers, I still can't get my head around this aspect of college sports....Not only do I think this is bad for the kid; I wonder how the colleges know she'll get the requisite SAT scores. oh, never mind....

Reaction Score
yes a recruit graduating in 2019 would be starting 1oth grade this year........I have no problem with high schoolers being recruited............... it's the 2021 and younger kids that have to be protected......

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Weird question. That little league pitcher Monae Davis (sp) said it was her dream to play bb for UConn. Is she on the radar?

Reaction Score
Weird question. That little league pitcher Monae Davis (sp) said it was her dream to play bb for UConn. Is she on the radar?
just saw an article the other day about how she's shifting her focus to basketball. might have been on espn. didn't read it though, just saw it

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she's around 6'3" excellent outside shooter, can rebound and passes well, also has high bball IQ..should be a monster by the time she gets to UConn;)
I like the way you put that!

Reaction Score
"Hey mom,this guy on the internet says i will be monster when i go to Uconn.Please tell me this isn't true and how did he know i have planned to go to school there?"lol

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 Aug 25
WBB: Update on Sammie Puisis, 6-1 W, Mason HS (OH-2019); UConn & Notre Dame showing interest

Did a little digging and it sounds like Puisis might be an elite talent.

Sammie Puisis (#23) 6’1” Wing Forward Cincinnati Heat Premier
Puisis looks like she has the makings of a big time player in the coming years. Sammie has good size at 6’1” and has a very quick release. She was absolutely brilliant at times in a win on Saturday over All Alabama. It didn’t matter if the defense was right on or her closing out strong, she was hitting nothing but net. Puisis releases high and fast and doesn’t need a lot of room to get off her shot.

All Ohio Midwest Showdown Day 2 & 3

F Sammie Puisis– West Chester, OH (Cincinnati Heat Premier): Sammie is a 6-0” skilled forward that can knock down the 3 as well as put the ball on the floor. What I love most about her is she competes and battles in the paint. Not just a finesse forward. She will be very good in years to come and a high major talent.

http://image.aausports.org/dnn/girlsbasketball/rankings/15_8thGradetopperformers.pdf

Sammie Puisis, 6-1, small forward, 2019, Cincinnati Heat Premier Sanders (Mason, Ohio) MVP

Puisis put up 22 points in both the semi-final and final. She is able to score in the key, mid-range and behind the arc. She has quick hands on defense. A high major prospect, she is already being viewed as one of the best players of the 2019 class.

Midwest Showdown 2016!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Here's an article on Mo'ne Davis:

From baseball to basketball

She's quitting high school basketball to focus on AAU. That seems like a strange decision. It's a totally different season, and even if her high school wasn't very good, she could always transfer somewhere. I don't think that strategy worked out too well for Courtney E, though it could have been that she never got over her initial injury and just couldn't work her self into the lineup. But still...wonder who is advising her to do this?

Reaction Score

A rare talent. She's obviously had some excellent coaching but many of her plusses can't be taught. Ability to read the defense on the fly, efficiency and fluidity of moves with ridiculous decisiveness, quickness of release is off the charts. To be ambidextrous and to have that strength on the ball at her age is kind of unfair. And I love the body language, tough, focused, and no "Hollywood" in her game. If she can continue to improve as she plays older competition I believe she'll be ranked in the top 2-3 in her class going forward. At her size she's the best I've seen in many, many years. Auriemma and staff I believe will be all over her asap.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We got Mel from Cincinnati, and Jamelle is coaching in Cincy. Hopefully, those connections will help.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sammie uses her off-hand well, has nice elevation, and seems to have a long reach. She's still a little rough, but skilled and young.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sammie Puisis – 2019 – 6-1 – Wing – Cincinnati Heat Premier – Size and agility…Young with tools…Can spot up but also able to put it on the floor…Impressed more each time out…Major upside

USJN DC - Still The Gold Standard - Bluestar Media

Sammie Puisis- 2019- 6’1- Wing- Cincinnati Heat Premier- Stock is rising every tournament…Shoots the ball well and gets hot in a hurry…Didn’t start off tournament great, but turned it on and got better every game…Can put the ball on the floor and attack…Major upside

8th Annual Blue Star Nationals - Bluestar Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom