2019-20 PRESEASON ALL-PAC-12 (MEDIA) | The Boneyard

2019-20 PRESEASON ALL-PAC-12 (MEDIA)

Reaction Score
2019-20 PRESEASON ALL-PAC-12 (MEDIA)

NameSchoolPos.Yr.Hometown
Sabrina Ionescu*Oregon GSr.Walnut Creek, Calif.
Aari McDonaldArizonaGR-So.Fresno, Calif.
Ruthy HebardOregon FSr.Fairbanks, Alaska
Michaela OnyenwereUCLAFJr.Aurora, Calif.
Mikayla PivecOregon StateFSr.Lynnwood, Wash.
* unanimous selection

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Did they show all the voting? I was curious about Slocum and the point guard from UCLA, Japreece Dean who was granted a 5th year.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to argue, but no Kiana Williams or Dijonai Carrington from Stanford? I can’t really quibble with some of the names on here though.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
TBH, I'm curious about several other omitted players. Here's last year's All-Pac-12:

NameSchoolPos.Yr.Hometown
Kristine Anigwe ****CaliforniaC/FSr.Phoenix, Ariz.
Maite Cazorla**OregonGSr.Las Palmas, Spain
DiJonai CarringtonStanfordGJr.San Diego, Calif.
Ruthy Hebard ***OregonFJr.Fairbanks, Alaska
Borislava Hristova **Washington StateFR-Jr.Varna, Bulgaria
Megan Huff**UtahFSr.Federal Way, Wash.
Kianna Ibis **Arizona StateFSr.Omaha, Neb.
Sabrina Ionescu ***OregonGJr.Walnut Creek, Calif.
Aari McDonaldArizonaGR-So.Fresno, Calif.
Michaela OnyenwereUCLAFSo.Aurora, Colo.
Mikayla PivecOregon StateGJr.Lynnwood, Wash.
Satou SaballyOregonFSo.Berlin, Germany
Destiny SlocumOregon StateGR-So.Meridian, Idaho
Alanna Smith **StanfordFSr.Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Kiana WilliamsStanfordGSo.San Antonio, Texas

When you strike out the graduated seniors, other omits include Carrington, Hristova (already two-time All-P12), Sabally, and Williams. I obviously have Stanford bias, but it's not entirely clear to me why Onyenwere or Pivec are any more warranted on this list than the other five who didn't make it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tough to choose only five players. I don't know why they tried to keep the list so short. I don't know of any other conference with such a small preseason selection.

I think the Pac-12 has about 9 very legit All-American candidates: Ionescu, Hebard, Sabally, Williams, Carrington, Pivec, Slocum, Onyenwere, McDonald. Hristova and Watts will probably score a ton of points and make 1st team all-conference, but may not have the team success needed for national recognition.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tough to choose only five players. I don't know why they tried to keep the list so short. I don't know of any other conference with such a small preseason selection.

I think the Pac-12 has about 9 very legit All-American candidates: Ionescu, Hebard, Sabally, Williams, Carrington, Pivec, Slocum, Onyenwere, McDonald. Hristova and Watts will probably score a ton of points and make 1st team all-conference, but may not have the team success needed for national recognition.

Put Melgoza in the same category as Hristova and Watts.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'd forgotten about Watts. If she doesn't average at least 20ppg this year.... I'll be shocked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom